Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D creates Start menu shortcuts every time it opens

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
swi101
416 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Civil 3D creates Start menu shortcuts every time it opens

I'm installing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 into a student lab through a deployment, and it installs fine.  However, our university wishes to organize all the start menu items into more organized categories.  I am able to move the "Autodesk" folder from the start menu into the appropriate place within these categories.

However, whenever AutoCAD Civil 3D is opened, a new folder is created in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\" and inside is a folder named "Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014" containing 4 shortcuts: "Attach Digital Signatures", "Batch Standards Checker", "Reference Manager", and "License Transfer Utility - AutoCAD 2014".

If I delete these folders AutoCAD recreates them the next time a new user logs into the computer and opens AutoCAD.  

Does anyone know of a way to supress the creation of these shortcuts?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: swi101

For some reason, I can't reproduce your problem.

When I go here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk

I then move Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 folder  to the desktop, and launched Civil 3D 2014, the folder is not re-created.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report