Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Civil 3D 2014 Serial Number / Civil 3d Workspaces

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rds6
5546 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCad Civil 3D 2014 Serial Number / Civil 3d Workspaces

My employer has three (3) stand-alone Serial Numbers for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014, and all three have been installed. Is it possible to uninstall and then re-install mine (to hopefully fix a problem) with the same Serial Number? Or would my employer have to get a fourth license, which he can't afford.

I have tried everything to fix my problem, but nothing works. My IMPERIAL version is screwed up, but not the Metric version. Somehow, the Civil 3D WORKSPACE has been deleted from the Imperial version (which we use), but not the Metric version. I have tried everything I have found through the forums, internet, etc., but nothing has worked.

And I need help ASAP!!!!

Thank you.

Rick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
byron.morales
in reply to: rds6

Hello Rick:

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please use the License Transfer Utility as follows to export your license:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=GS18221949

Once you have succesfully exported the license, then please proceed to do a complete uninstall of Civil 3D following the steps outlined here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

Then Re-install Civil 3D and then use the License Transfer Utility to import your license.

Keep us updated.

Regards,

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 3 of 6
TravisNave

Byron is right.  You aren't out of licenses simply because you need to repair an installation.  You can certainly try the PLU, but I recommend just installing fresh and getting an activation code straight from Autodesk Activations, if the automatic one fails.

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and the request code.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
rds6
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you both. It's good to know that uninstalling and reinstalling my Civil3d won't necessitate the need for a fourth (and unaffordable) Serial Number / License. While I am home now, just prior to leaving work, I believe I managed to fix the problem. Will have to do some testing tomorrow morning to make sure. To me, the CUI Import / Export / Load, etc., commands aren't entirely clear. They were one of the first things I tried, but it appeared I was doing it wrong.

And FYI, I did try the "Repair" function. It didn't work. But again, I got the Civil 3d Imperial Workspace back and will be testing it tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Kudos.

Rick

Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

In a nutshell: the profile contains search paths and configuration file names.  This includes to important files, the Main CUIx and Enterprise CUIx.  These contain user interface (UI) elements which are used to create buttons, Ribbon Panels, and the like.  They also contain the workspace definitions, which control which of those UI elements are shown.  The difference between the Main and the Enterprise is the former is read-write and the latter is read-only by design.  Usual set-up is for each user to have their own blank Main CUIx for storing their own workspaces.  Meanwhile, the Enterprise is used to load the Civil3D, Express, and any other common CUIx files so they don't accidentally get buggered.

So... what?  Its important to know what your current Main CUIx file is, since this is where your workspace information is stored when you (or Civil3D) saves it.  If the Main changes, then your previous workspace may not be accessible.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
takihussain
in reply to: dgorsman

i have a problem that  text document files  cannot be imported  in civil 3-D 2014 

thanks

tell me the solution 

taki hussain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report