Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Deployment

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cbyer03
979 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Deployment

I've been trying to deploy the current version of AutoCAD Civil 3D with no avail. Once the deployment starts to install the Civil 3D portion it shuts down in error and does not complete. I've successfully used this same deployment on another company computer that is nearly identical to the computer i am having troubles with. I have tried uninstalling all previous versions of AutoCAD programs and deleted registry keys  to create a clean install environment with no success. I have also tried uninstalling all versions of Microsoft virtual C++. Still no success.

I have attached the Installation Log files from the deployment log folder for review.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbyer03
in reply to: cbyer03

Attached is the Installation log from the computer, part 1

Message 3 of 8
cbyer03

Attached is the Installation log from the computer, part 2

Message 4 of 8
cbyer03

Actual Part 2.

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

Are you running the lastest Windwos Installer?  Try updating it to the latest, then going into your Windows services and make sure Windows Installer is set to manual startup.  Always install with local admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled. 

I also noticed your UNC share path is somewhat long and contains spaces.  It's best to just keep the actual UNC to \\servername\share and not include spaces.  Also make sure that the entire share is read/write full control to the 'everyone' user account.  If all else fails, try to install locally without the deployment. 

And as a last note, make sure you are not trying to install a 32-bit deploy onto a 64-bit workstation.  They need to be the same architecture.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
cbyer03

I have tried your suggestions including installing directly from disk opposed to the deployment. Still no success.

Message 7 of 8
cbyer03
in reply to: TravisNave

SUCCESS!!!

I used the MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool that you have contributed and that must have done the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Excellent!  Thanks for the follow-up.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report