Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD asking for Activation after moving pc between offices.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jimathy
235 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD asking for Activation after moving pc between offices.

We have a network license server serving 8 license across the a LAN/WAN. I recently installed AutoCAD to a new machine from the network installation point and all was working well until the machine in question was moved to a remote office.
Although the new PC can ping the license server and the license server can ping the PC when AutoCAD is started on this PC it starts the activation wizard as if its a new standalone installation.
I've tried copying the LICPATH.lic file from another PC to the new one but it's still starting the wizard.

Any ideas as to how I can make this PC believe it's part of the network and not a standalone machine?

Cheers
Jim
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Jimathy

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But you can easily change your stand-alone version into a network version via a simple registry change.

Open Regedit from the Start > Run
Go to the following location:

HKLM\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R1x.x\ACAD-xxxx:409:\AdLM -
Edit the REG_DWORD called Type on the right side. Change it from 2a(42) to 19(25). This will change it from stand-alone to network version. It will then look for the LICPATH.LIC file and/or the system variable set for the NLM.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report