Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2014 Setup.exe automatically initialising on start-up

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
charlesquintonplatt
4610 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2014 Setup.exe automatically initialising on start-up

Hello,

I have recently successfully installed a trial-/student-version of the AutoCAD Architecture 2014 software, and the program runs perfectly fine without errors, bugs or glitches (that I have noticed so far). However, every time I log into my computer (Windows 7), the following two windows appear:

>"Please wait while Windows configures AutoCAD Architecture 2014 - English."

>"Run Setup.exe to install AutoCAD Architecture 2014 - English."

This occurs again after clicking 'OK' to the second window, closing both. I can't seem to find any reason why this would happen, in the settings of AutoCAD, or in a list of programs set to start on log-in, or online. I'd really appreciate some help in stopping this.

Thank you,

Charles.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Welcome to the peer forum.

Do you have :

1.  Roaming profiles?

2.  Local Admin rights?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12

Thank you,

Yes, I'm on my own laptop not connected to any network, and have admin rights.
Message 4 of 12

Do you get it if you right-click and run as Administrator? 

Sometimes installing Office or udpates moves your user to Debugger user for some strange reason.  You might double-check that your user is still Administrator.  Weirder things have happened. 

It could also still be a user rights issue.  You haven't moved any of your profile folders to a different drive or removable disk, have you?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12

I apologise if I wasn't clear the first time, but I mean that the two windows for installation appear as soon as I log into my account (the only and administrative account on this computer); the program runs absolutely fine and without problem when logged in, it is just the windows popping up on start-up. The windows for installation appear without me clicking on anything, as though they are set to run on log-in.

Message 6 of 12

Could be.  Anything in your startup group?  Still thinking it is permissions related. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 12

The only two start-up programs I could see that seemed related to AutoCAD were the Autodesk Sync (AdSync.exe) and AcShellExtension.AcContextMenuHandler (AcShellExtension.dll). Disabling both of these for start-up (to see what happened) yielded nothing, and the boxes still appeared.

I still can't find any permissions-based issues. Any suggestions where options could be in AutoCAD itself, if a solution lay there?

Message 8 of 12

The problem is still occurring, and I can still find no solution - what exactly do you mean by 'permissions'?
Message 9 of 12
jeigp_21
in reply to: TravisNave

perdon ami tambien me pasa lo mismo y yo los movi de carpeta lo pade la unidad C A A LA D y por ende ya no me quiere abrir autocad que solucion tengo porque vuelvo y descargo autocad  para estudiantes y no me da porfavor  gracias.

Message 10 of 12

charlesquintonplatt

Hello. It sounds like you have incorrect permissions on certain user folders. Check to make sure you have full access to these locations.

C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk

C:\Users\<the current user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk

C:\Users\<the current user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared

C:\Program Files\Autodesk

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk

Past this, I would create a new user account on the machine and test to see if the behavior persists.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 11 of 12

Hello dembkod,

Actually, I was able to solve the problem by using AutoCAD's Repair function in the Installer months ago. I have no clue as to why using this didn't work the first few times, but it worked on the third or fourth try, and I no longer have the text box appearing on start-up (so I'm not able to check if your solution works, almost annoyingly!).

Thank you for the response, however; I hope it helps somebody else with the same problem who finds this.
Message 12 of 12

Hello,

I had the same problem. I tried to reset AutoCAD Settings and it worked. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report