Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2013 hangs at Checking License

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
carlee_calderon
3002 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2013 hangs at Checking License

I was able to use my AutoCAD recently. then i tried to install revit 2011 but then failed to make it work so i just tried to settle with my AutoCAD Architecture. Then my AutoCAD stopped working and hangs at Checking License.

help guys?

1. I tried to install revit recently which also happens to freeze at Checking License

2. I cleanly uninstalled AutoCAD architecture several times but no luck.

3. i also tried turning my antivirus (AVG) and net off but then again, no luck.

it says "Autocad Component has stopped working"

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Sounds like your licensing service hosed itself.  Have you tried blowing those away and reinstalling? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8

how to blow them away?

Message 4 of 8
aaronhai
in reply to: carlee_calderon

Hi carlee_calderon,

Good day. Here's one Autodesk blogpost with several suggestions that address this issue.

Let us know if that works. 

Thank you. 

Aaron Hai
Message 5 of 8

unfortunately, none have worked. i tried the regedit one before but didn't work. i've tried again but i can't find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9000:409 there is only R19 instead of R18.

Message 6 of 8
carlee_calderon
in reply to: aaronhai

unfortunately, none have worked. i tried the regedit one before but didn't work. i've tried again but i can't find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9000:409 there is only R19 instead of R18.
Message 7 of 8
dembkod
in reply to: carlee_calderon

carlee_calderon,

Hello. You could try to move the TSF.data file. We are looking for a specific TSF.data file. It will resemble this: ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data. It should be located here:

Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Find this file and change the extension to something different, like ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data.BAK or completely move it from this folder. We don’t want to destroy it, just get it out of the way.

After it is moved or renamed, start the program. A new TSF DATA file will be created and possibly a log file. If the program now works, great, if not, delete the NEW TSF.DATA file and the log and place the original file back in this location, or rename back to ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data

Now try to start the program. If you are asked to register, do so and you should be set.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 8 of 8

Tried that already countless times but no luck. Maybe a virus is infitrating my program?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report