Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Arch 2012 w/ 32-bit "fix"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Missionbell
940 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Arch 2012 w/ 32-bit "fix"

Hello,

I've been trying for a solid day to get this installed, and have had to work through many strange installation errors to no avail. I am running 64-bit Windows 7.

I'm attempting to install AutoCAD Architecture 2012 with a 32-bit "fix" provided by a 3rd-party software called Microvellum. I have run into a few errors which caused me to shuffle language files around and now I'm running into a more generic installation error 1603. I've attempted solutions from many forum posts, but still haven't been successful.

All installation files are local on the machine.

Process:

1. Uninstalled 64-bit installation of AutoCAD Arch 2012.

2. Downloaded Microvellum zip with x86 config changes.

3. Attempted install: No InventorFusion.msi file. -> Moved the msi file from the x64 folder to x86 folder.

4. Attempted install: No language files for AutoCAD or InventorFusion. -> Moved language files from x64 to x86 folder.

5. Attempted install: Failure to find node "...VDrive" in XML file. -> Uninstalled Autodesk Content Service.

6. Attempted install: Generic failure. Log says "AutoCAD installation failure - Error 1603, DirectX runtime failure - Error 1619. (Many forum threads for this)

I've now done the following:

1. Verified that the DirectX dll files were in my System32 folder.

2. Changed permissions on the folder to allow Full Access to all users (administrators were already set).

3. Ensured that the folder was not Read-only.

4. Cleared all files in C:\Windows\Temp and C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp.

5. Disabled firewall and AV.

6. Run as Administrator when launching setup.

I've attached the ACA 2012 Global log file (zipped).

Craziest troubleshooting road I've ever taken. Help would be phenomenal. Even words of encouragement would be accepted at this point. I'm taking a break on this for a day...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Missionbell

I suspect that any 3rd party "fix" that you have that will allow 32-bit to be installed onto 64-bit is not going to be supported.  You should probably ask for assistance from the Microvellum company, since they provided the "fix."

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report