Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Arch 2012 - hangs at checking license

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tracydavis
10001 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Arch 2012 - hangs at checking license

Hello,  I have an office that has a new install of AutoCAD Arch 2012 installed on a 64bit Windows 7 machine.  The program stops at the splash screen when it is "checking license".  It is a stand alone installation and have done a complete uninstall, including deleting the flexLM directory under program data, deleted all autodesk folders and anything related to autodesk inside of the registry.  Deleting the flexlm directory took care of the .data file so it will go to activation again.  User has tried starting the program under a completely new user and in diagnostic mode, still same result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Tracy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: tracydavis

Have you tried starting it with the computer offline and not connected to the network?  Maybe it is trying to resolve or activate or something online? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
tracydavis
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the suggestion Travis, unfortunately that makes no difference.  I have gone to register.autodesk.com in internet explorer and was able to get to that without an issue.  Have turned off the firewall, disabled anti-virus still with same result.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Maybe you have a corrupted ProductInformation.pit file?  Could rename it and reinstall... 

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

Is wscommcntr2.exe running in Task Manager during this?  If so, might try killing the process.  Just a thought...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
tracydavis
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for that suggestion too Travis.  When I did the complete uninstall/reinstall I deleted the entire adlm directory, so the new installation put a new pit file out there.  The program isn't getting far enough to kick off the wscomm yet, that was one of the things I looked for first to kill.  lmu.exe is starting, but doesn't get anywhere else.  It's a stumper for me.

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

That's pretty ridiculous alright. Is there a log file created in that directory that might shed more light on what is going on?

If you think LMU.EXE might be the problem, you could try removing the folder located here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R1

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
JasonRuhl

I'm having the same issue; WIn 7 64 bit and ACAD 2012 SP1.

This has intermittently happened over the past month or two but I have not been able to resolve it yet. Seems to happen around once per week.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 9
jenniferbell

I'm running AutoCad 2012 - Win 7, 64-bit and mine hangs up on "checking license" screen also.  It's not consistent so technical support hasn't been able to offer any solutions on how to resolve the issue.

Message 9 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: jenniferbell

I just posted this....

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/03/autocad-lt-2012-lock-up-at-checking-license.html

Can you try running your product in a new user account?  

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report