Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD and Revit 2011 Network uninstall Group Policy

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bobbyk18
553 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD and Revit 2011 Network uninstall Group Policy

We've just deployed Revit 2012 and AutoCAD2012 to around 80 users. We're using a network license file, if that matters. I'm trying to figure out the best way to remove the 2011 versions of each product from the computers of users.

As far as my research has shown, there isn't an uninstall switch for the installer. Previously we were using a script that brute force ripped out the products, but it doesn't seem like that's the most efficient way. Please let me know if there's an easier way.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: bobbyk18

It is difficult to have clean script which will remove everything which was installed as some pre-requistes are shared between multiple products.

If it was pushed using the GPO and msi files, when you remove it from GPO it should uninstall the MSI, (if you choose that option)

But pre-requisites/add-ons might need some extra bit

please check this script for Autocad 2011

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS16077500

If the installation was done using setup.exe you can use following comand line to uninstall (Autocad 2011 32 bit English)

Setup.exe /Q /P {5783F2D7-9001-0409-0002-0060B0CE6BBA} /R ACAD /LANG en-US

OR

just the msiexec to remove it.

MSIEXEC /X{5783F2D7-9001-0409-0002-0060B0CE6BBA} 

MSIEXEC /X{5783F2D7-9001-0409-1002-0060B0CE6BBA}  (for the Language pack)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report