Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD aborted installation and failed new installation

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rnelson51
572 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD aborted installation and failed new installation

Is there a cleaner to completely clean a failed installation.

I have follwed online instructions and during the new installation AutoCAD 2013 shows as installed, preventing reinstall.

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: rnelson51

A lot of this today...  To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

For all other installation problems consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
rnelson51
in reply to: TravisNave

The initial procedure that I used was from the Autodesk KB.

I used the new MS celanup tool, it was not able to find any Autodesk/AutoCAD listing and could not un-install.  I also downloaded the old one and used it - no luck.

I have deleted every thing on my dirvie that is Autodesk and AutoCAD.  I have manually suearched the registry for any entries and have delted them.  I have cleaned out all the temp folders that I can find.  again no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

What is the error that you are getting on install?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
rnelson51

When I get to the installation screen, it show ACAD 2013 is already installed.

I need to install 2013, I have no shortcut on the start menu, I have no Autodesk or AutoCAD folders.

For some reason that I can't find, I am not allowed to install AutoCAD 2013.  The other items, vault, etc. I am allowed to install.

I am getting an error.

If there is a log somewhere, that I can send you, you will have to guide me to it.  I haven't fould any.

Message 6 of 11
rnelson51

I meant to say that I am NOT getting an error code.

Message 7 of 11
TravisNave

And you're telling me that none of the cleanup tools I provided works?  Even the MSICUU2?  That thing is so violent that Microsoft and Autodesk both removed all support for it and yell at me every time I post it.  I have a hard time believing that it didn't work.  You can use that program for exercisms!  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 11
rnelson51

Sorry, that is what I am telling you.

When it displays the list, both the new clean up and the old one, they display the programs that I have, but no Autodesk products.

I have performed a search looking for any AutoCAD or Autodesk files.  I have gone through the registry oooking for any AutoCAD/Autodesk enries, I have deleted any that I have found, I have rebooted before i try a new install.  I have also deleted all the files in the Windows/Temp directory.

I am out of Ideas.

Message 9 of 11
TravisNave

That is pretty wild.  You might have to drill down the SSIDs of the installed programs for the Control Panel manually. I don't know what else to possibly tell you as to why it thinks it is installed when it isn't.  The MSICUU2 works so well, I'm tempted to use it on the White House!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 11
rnelson51

Using it on the white is probably why you are not encouraged to use it.

I am not familiar with the SSIDs in control panel.  Can you guide me?

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

Yeah, try by starting here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314481

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report