Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 3 year student license

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
special_dani05
3696 Views, 22 Replies

Autocad 3 year student license

Hi, if I decide to uninstall my autocad software which I just downloaded today, will my free 3 year free license for student continue to run? Or does the 3 year period begin as soon as an account is activated so it doesn't matter what software I install it will all end at the same time? Not sure if correct forum or not for this question, sorry!!
Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Hi special_dani05, welcome to our Community!

Your license's 3-year period starts counting when you first activate the product (input your serial number and product key after the installation). The 3-year period cannot be stopped and resumed later.

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 23

Does the activation happen automatically when installing? I have my serial and my product key but there was no prompt to enter them, does this mean I just have not done this yet and will need to do it manually? I've already opened the product software and it runs well.
Message 4 of 23

Hi special_dani05,

If you selected the "Install Now" download method and if you are able to run the software automatically (not as a trial version) this means that the product has been activated and your 3-year use period has started.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 23
tkwelding
in reply to: camilo.lemos

After installing Autocad I try to start the software and i get a " can not start acad.exe (0xc00000142) ERROR message.  Can someone help to correct this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times with going thourgh the complete uninstall.   

Message 6 of 23
jessica.t
in reply to: tkwelding

Hi @tkwelding,

Please take the following steps to acheive the best download performance:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall/antivirus or VPN, if you use one.
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.

Please let me know how it goes! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 23
tkwelding
in reply to: special_dani05

The software is installed the problem is when i double click on the icon it gives me an error messaGE  unable to start program  error (0xc0000142).

Message 8 of 23
jessica.t
in reply to: tkwelding

Will you take a look at this solution and let me know if it resolves the issue? Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 23
annalie25f
in reply to: special_dani05

Message 10 of 23

Hi, how do I know that the 3 year student license has been activated?

Message 11 of 23
jessica.t
in reply to: morusalbaf1

Hi @morusalbaf1 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Your license will become activated once you download and install your product from the Education Community. If your product has not been activated, you will receive a notification when you open the product prompting you to activate as you'd only be running a trial. If you have any further questions please reply to this post. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 12 of 23

iam unable to download autocad2014 student version with 3 year license 

Message 13 of 23
philip.s
in reply to: anumulaanvesh

Hello @anumulaanvesh,

Can you please elaborate as to what issue you are facing when you attempt to download software from the Education Community? If you haven't already, does selecting a different download method work, specifically Browser Download? 

Message 14 of 23
pransyagupta
in reply to: jessica.t

hi, i started the installation process but stopped and cancelled it in between..so has my 3 year license activated or not??

Message 15 of 23
pransyagupta
in reply to: jessica.t

hi, i started the installation process but stopped and cancelled it in between..so has my 3 year license activated or not?? 

Message 16 of 23

Hi. After
Message 17 of 23

@jyotibikashm143

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

@jyotibikashm143 wrote:
Hi. After

Do you have an issue or not?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 18 of 23

I have installed autocad 2018 recently... if next year i want to install autocadd 2019..what are the steps to update the version?
Message 19 of 23

Hello @jyotibikashm143,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If you have a Student license and are still eligible by the time AutoCAD 2019 is released, then you'll need to sign into Education Community and download the 2019 version from there. A new entitlement will be generated, which will be valid for 3 years.

If you are a Commercial user and your subscription is active when AutoCAD 2019 is released, then you'll need to log into your Autodesk Account and download the 2019 from there. That entitlement will be valid until the end of your subscription.

Regards,

Simona Golisciano
Message 20 of 23

I have a 3year student license

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report