Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2k accessing dwg's off a Win2000 Server

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
amgreen
165 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCad 2k accessing dwg's off a Win2000 Server

All machines AutoCad 2k/Win2k with hardware locks.

Having recently moved over to a network running Win2000 server we are experiencing frequent hang-ups when opening a drawing. This doesn't occur opening the first drawing of the day, but randomly. It also occurs when inserting a block after the file dialogue box has appeared. AutoCad freezes for about 1 minute, then everything is back to normal again. Its not associated with Autosave either.

Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: amgreen

amgreen wrote:
> All machines AutoCad 2k/Win2k with hardware locks.
> Having recently moved over to a network running Win2000 server we are experiencing frequent hang-
> ups when opening a drawing. This doesn't occur opening the first drawing of the day, but
> randomly. It also occurs when inserting a block after the file dialogue box has appeared.
> AutoCad freezes for about 1 minute, then everything is back to normal again. Its not associated
> with Autosave either.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi,

I'm not sure I have any precise answer for you, but can suggest some things to try.

The first concern is that AutoCAD 2000 is not supported on Window's 2000. Despite this, I am not
aware of any specific issue such as you are describing.

I would certainly ensure that you have applied all the AutoCAD Service Packs anyway, and more
importantly any OS service packs. I assume you are opening the drawings from the network so updating
the network drivers to the latest on both the client and the server are recommended.

Failing this, does Task Manager help in diagnosing whether any application is locking up the system?
You can check this by opening Task Manager, selecting the process tab, and sorting by CPU usage.

Does Event Viewer show any problems around the time that these errors are occurring?

If you need any more explanation or this solves your problem please let me know.

--
Mark Taylor
Product Support, EMEA
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report