Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 Script Error_License

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
806 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 Script Error_License

After I installed the software I got this very strange error and I can't get through the license process. Could you please come back to me with an answer and try to get it sorted asap, as I really need it! AutoCAD has been installed and reinstalled 3 times now, delete everything before any other installation, nothing seems to work....Thank you very much for your help. AutoCAD 2017 Error 2_License.jpgAutoCAD 2017 Error.jpgAutoCAD 2017 Error_License.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

See these 2 articles

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-2017-fails-to-launch-after-install.html

and

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Script-error-launching-AutoCAD-LT-2017.html

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7
Darin.Green

You'll need to perform a clean uninstall of your current Autodesk applications... Use the Clean Uninstall link in my signature under resources.

Once that's completed, download the software from the Autodesk Virtual Agent

Once there, use the Download Links option to navigate to the application you need to download.

NOTE: If there are multiple parts for the download, you'll need to click each part to download them, once they are downloaded double-click Part1 (which will automatically extract the remaining parts) to begin the installation.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for being a part of the community, I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with your AutoCAD 2017 software. As the rest of the community mentioned I would conduct a clean uninstall and the following step by step:

•  Clean Uninstall of the product
  • Update your System (Windows & Java)
  • Reinstall the product

Please let us know if your issue was resolved and what resolved it.

I hope this answered your question, if so please click Kudos or the "thumbs-up!" icon.

Did my response help resolve the issue? Please "Accept As Solution" to help others in the community. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

1. Hello @natasha.l and @Darin.Green 

I've tried to reinstall the software as per your instruction with Clear Uninstall and Autodesk Virtual Agent this morning and after spending another 5 hours in order to, hopefully, get it fixed, I have the same issue... I just want to mention that Antivirus was completely closed during the installation process.

Normal process as shown...Step 1.jpg                                        Activation & Sign in as a dif. user = both have the same final result                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       contact 1.jpgLicense Active.jpgNo response window.jpgScript Error 1.jpgScript Error 2.jpgcontact 2.jpg

After doing those steps all over again, I have the same window and I have to repeat the process

2. Hello @Mark.Lancaster

The attached pictures were made after creating the LGS.data document in the right installation location as mentioned.

On the other hand, the second option didn't work because I couldn't find 'AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT',ProdInd_UserInd.cur file. or adskflex. docs

In the mean while, I will try to look into another solution on this forum and contact customer service...

Thank you very much for you help! Very much appreciated

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I could say this topic is now closed.

It all came down to just reset my password from Autodesk account.

Thank you for your help guys and take care!

541ff8cef2e4c514ce548bec0c498545.jpg

Message 7 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I am glad to hear you resolved the issue regarding your AutoCAD 2017 software by resetting your Autodesk Account password. Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Resetting and Changing Your Autodesk Account Password

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report