Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 - autodesk installer error report unhandled exception

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ARomain
1345 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 - autodesk installer error report unhandled exception

I have created a deployment package within SCCM 2012 for AutoCAD 2017, it takes a while to download & verify the contents, but when it finally gets to the installation I get the attached Autodesk Installer Error Report, i can't seem to figure out why....any idea why or where to start investigations?

Dumpdata & SCCM 2012 log files also attached

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ARomain

@ARomain

The user dump xml file is pointing to a upiconfig.xml error.   In the past this was related to having service packs included in your deployment.  Do you have any of the service packs/updates for AutoCAD 2017 included?   Anyhow I'm only assuming at this point and not 100% sure this is the actual reason why its failing.  Also have you run your deployment as a test in a non-silent mode to see if any error message appears?

I will also tag the heavy hitters @Darin.Green and @TravisNave for their input.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9
ARomain
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks Mark.Lancaster

I do have AutoCAD 2017 SP1 included into the deployment package.

I have not tested in a non-silent mode, i will do that and report back.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

I would also reiterate Mark's point that including updates and service packs into a deployment is generally problematic and should normally be avoided if installation fails. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
ARomain
in reply to: TravisNave

Would you suggest a package for the main deployment, then a 2nd for any SP updates, despite there being a feature to add the SP updates into the package?

Message 6 of 9
Mark.Lancaster

@ARomain

@TravisNave and I will tell you..  Just because a service pack or an update is there doesn't mean you need it.  Why break something that is working..  Smiley Wink  But at this point you haven't even installed the application so you don;t know if you need the update or not...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 9
ARomain
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the advice...I'm new to packaging & this is my 1st attempt with any Autodesk product!

Message 8 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @ARomain,

Welcome back. Glad to hear that a solution to your issue has been addressed. Did @Mark.Lancaster or @TravisNave answer your questions? Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
ARomain
in reply to: natasha.l

I’ve had troubles packaging AutoCAD 2017 with the SP1 update together so I have managed to create 2 working packages and only 1 AD group for installations:

1 - AutoCAD 2017

2 - AutoCAD 2017 SP1 update

package 2 has a dependency for package 1, however once package 1 has run the machine requires a restart before package 2 will run, following the restart all completes successfully….do you know if there is another way round this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report