Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (copyprofile issues)

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
owen66
2831 Views, 20 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (copyprofile issues)

I've been using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) for a few years and have only recently run into this issue.

I build a VM completely (applications and Windows profile settings) under the built-in "Administrator" account. While logged in and installing AutoCAD, I set all the support paths (and other Options) to what I want and export that profile to "CADUser.arg"

I then capture that VM as a custom wim file. I create a task sequence to deploy the wim file and I edit the unattend.xml to set the "copyprofile" parameter to "true", thus applying all my settings that I set under the Administrator account to the "Default User" profile so that they apply to anyone that logs into the machine.

Once I deploy the image, I log in (after adding the particular user account to the local "administrators" group in Computer Management), and I open AutoCAD and import the profile ("CADUser.arg"). When I look at the support paths, they are retaining the "C:\Users\Administrator\..." path rather than updating to the currently logged in user path. In the past, this seemed to just work.

What steps am I missing, or what process should I be doing to make sure that the AutoCAD profile (CADUser.arg) that we import is generalized to work for anyone that logs in?

It looks like the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R21.0\ACAD-0001:409\RoamableRootFolder" might be the cuplrit and needs to be edited for each new user. I'm just curious how other people are doing their AutoCAD deployments.

"Aah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention...science has it all."
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
natasha.l
in reply to: owen66

Hello @owen66,

Thank you for returning and contributing to the community with your results. Keep posting! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report