Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Student version license

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Luca_M
6161 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Student version license

Hi,

I'm a tech for a school districtin BC, Canada. We've recently downloaded the student version of AutoCAD 2015 and the relative S/N and product Key.

The install worked fine on our template machine, but after we cloned its image to a different wks, AutoCAD does not run - error 157.424.0.  A wizard popped up trying to activate online, but found it could not do it. 

I'm supposed to install this on 65 workstations. Is there a Flexnet (network based) version for this product that we can use.  We already have a Flexnet server in place that we could use, so it would be ideal to have a network license, instead of stand-alone.

thanks,

Luca

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Darin.Green
in reply to: Luca_M

The issue is being caused by the host machine. Did you open the Autodesk applications on the host machine before cloning it? If so, all of the client machines now have a broken request code which is why you're getting these errors during the activation.

Please try deleting adsk files located in the following directory: C:\ProgramData\FlexLM

If that doesn't work, you can try running a repair on the applications and attempt to activate again.

In regards to using a network license instead of Standalone, that is definitely possible. You should contact your reseller for more information. 

Thanks,

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 6
Luca_M
in reply to: Darin.Green

Hi Darin,

True, I did run the program after installing. Now I know not to do that next time.  🙂 However, I just tried logging in as administrator on the cloned wks, and AutoCAD opened just fine.

I suspect this may be an issue with regular users not having rights to the folder you mentioned?  Thanks for you help!

Luca

Message 4 of 6
Luca_M
in reply to: Darin.Green

Hi Darin,

I spoke too soon. 🙂  Turns out activation worked just on that first machine that we cloned, but already the next one complains the number of re-activations for our license has been exceeded, and it will not activate.

To fix this, would it be enough if we uninstall AutoCAD on the template wks, remove the adsk files, then re-install the product - without running it this time?  

A teacher at the school obtained the software and license online (student version), no vendors were involved. Maybe time to clarify this, should the student version be deployed to these many workstations (2 labs worth)? 

Luca

Message 5 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Luca_M

Student products are more of a home-use thing on a one license per student basis.  There are educational licenses specifically for institutions, which I would highly recommend you look into.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
Luca_M
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi dgorsman,

Yes, we have some education licenses at several other sites, but not this one. I looked on the web page where you download the student version, nowhere I found a reference to how many computers you are entitled to run this on.  If it said anywhere, this version is for use on 2 machines max (for instance), that would have saved me so much time! 🙂

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/autocad

I re-built my image after uninstalling and then re-installing acad2015 - without launching it.

Still, I get an error about all having exceeded activation.

Do you happen to know what is the maximum number of stations you can have the student version on? If you are correct, I should I simply tell the teacher this is not going to happen unless the school buys some actual licenses.

I don't mind doing that, just like to be reasonably sure it's the correct info. 🙂

Luca

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report