Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Install -- Is it possible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fravizza
202 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD 2015 Install -- Is it possible?

HI,

I'm 1.5 hours in trying to install AutoCAD 2015. I am not giving up! 🙂

Thus far, I have attempted to install using the "Install Now" option throught the website. The installer fails while attempting to install an Akamai Network interface software, and I get a generic "Network failed" error. I've read through numerous forum posts from other users expirencing the same issue for Autodesk software.

Next, I tried downloading the whole installer package. I finally found what I hoped would be this download I have been dreaming of by going through the "Virutal Assistant". I navigated to the product I wanted to install AutoCAD 2015, and with considerable anticipation, clicked it. However, the link downloads something called a "CR download" file. I don't know what this is or what I am supposed to do with it.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

-Frank

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fravizza
in reply to: fravizza

OK. Progress...

I went to a new website, "Acount Manager"

https://accounts.autodesk.com/users/username/view  <-- "username" is your user name

Click accounts, then products, then download products. Then click to the product you want to download, select it. Do not use "Install Now". Instead, click the drop-down and choose "Download Manager". This installs the "Download Manager", which also installs an Akamai utility, but this one worked. 

There is also an option for "Browser Download". This option may also work, but the file size does not look large enough.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report