Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015, Imaging and Network Licensing for >125 devices

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
davm1
265 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD 2015, Imaging and Network Licensing for >125 devices

Hi,

I am currently building a deployment Image for my next batch of school laptops. Up until now we have had classroom sets of devices that total < 125 devices, so a single License key suffices.

We are now moving to add >500 devices into this pool. I have appropriate licenses to acheive this, obviously accross 5 license keys.

I am using Ghost to create a single Deployment Image for all devices.

1. Does the Licensing server care about the 125 license key defined *specifically* or can it pull a license from another key to satisfy the licensing request?

2. Can I post-license the application via a script/batch file at user request and leave it as a trial for deployment purposes? Can you provide a sample?

3. Are the any other options that I can consider (excluding user-deployment)? We have a wireless network the devices connect to (no ethernet connections available to students) - so installing class sets on demand is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: davm1

I hope this best answers your questions:

1.  If you are using network licensing, then no, the license doesn't matter on the client. Just install as a network version with any valid serial number.  Once installed, you can Ghost the machine. 

2.  If it is a network version, there is no need to install an unactivated stand-alone or trial. 

3.  I switched from Ghost years ago and now I use Acronis Snap Deploy to send deployments from a PXE server to the clients to reimage.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report