Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Failed Installation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Thumper74
223 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Failed Installation

I have been tearing my hair out on this one... I am a student and was given a new laptop that must have had a previous copy of Autocad installed. I downloaded the student edition of Autocad 2015 64 bit (as I am university student) and it unpacks ok, then comes up with the following message. After I recieved this message from autocad 2015, I tried to download autocad 2014, as I thought it may have been a version issue, or issue with 64 bit.... again the same error.

autocad installation error message.JPG

So, I then looked up the Autocad forums and possibly the previous copy was not unstalled correctly. I proceeded to follow all the recommendations, deleted the relevant files, registry, basically all records as suggested BUT I cant actually find this file in my temp folder to delete it (Yes I have show all hidden files  switched to ON)... Basically even if I delete all TEMP records it still shows up... (even after full reboot etc)...

This is really annoying so out of sheer frustration I downloaded solidworks...omg...

Any suggestion, as I really need some help...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Thumper74

Follow all the steps noted below:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/quick-start-general-installation-workflow.html

If you are using free AV, I would uninstall it and re-install it after you install AutoCAD.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/08/quick-start-security-anti-virus-software.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Thumper74
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David, it didnt work.

I am running windows 7, deleted temp files, and did everthing as per the links.

I am running Norton 360 which I disabled.

Still comes up with this message...

Any more ideas?

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Thumper74

Can you create a whole new user admin account and try the install again.

Do you have a spare computer to try installing Max on?  I want to confirm if the downloaded media is 'correct'.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report