Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 0xc0000142 Error occured.

111 REPLIES 111
SOLVED
Message 1 of 112
mazel39
115858 Views, 111 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 0xc0000142 Error occured.

Hello.

I installed new autocad 2015 (subscription upgrade).

But I could not start program cause 0xc000142 error.

I tested acrobat unstall method and disable vaccine before autocad install, but it is not operate.

If someone have solution?

I use Windows 7 64bit. 

I have 2 licenses and other pc is no problem to start autocad 2015 but other ones have a start problem.

111 REPLIES 111
Message 61 of 112

I was baffled by the complexity of the fixes....I'm just trying to do some dac drwaings, not become a certified Microsoft technician. 

I think Autodesk would be emrassed to release a product obviously not fit for consumption with really supporting it.

I asked for a refund. AutoCad 15 sucks.

Message 62 of 112

Hear Hear
Message 63 of 112
Sanderssculptor
in reply to: rmackay1

I am in total agreement concerning the need to go into operating system levels I have no experience with and I am hesitant fiddle around and possibly cause more problems. I am a user not a developer. Adobe Design Suite requires non of this level of difficulty to use. This type of software should be off the shelf ready to install and use!

Message 64 of 112

Agreed. I have no idea what this stuff does, and no one is explaining that part. I blindly followed the instructions and it worked; but my problem wasn't with Adobe - under Publisher it was blank, and the registry editor alluded to a Windows problem. So what did I just do??

Classic AutoCad
Message 65 of 112
HPparadigm
in reply to: TravisNave

I tried for 12 hours to open AutoCad, with no luck. And I tried a few times to get some support from AutoCad, with no luck. It was a Trial version of AutoCad that I had downloaded and was trying to open, for the reason that they have Trial versions - to try it out, and see if I want to buy their product. It doesn't matter to me if it's AutoCad's problem or Adobe's or mine, if after 12 frustrating hours, I still can't try their product, I'm sure not going to pay money for it.

I've since downloaded ArchiCad trial version. I had it up and running in 10 minutes. 

Message 66 of 112
Celsom
in reply to: kim_pham

In my case, after that 0xc0000142 problem, AutoCAD 2015 32-bit run normally after I changed the name of the file acaptuser32.dll to acaptuser32BAK.dllBAK, but I have know error messages when printing to Acrobat printer (until now it still prints).
Message 67 of 112
hurged
in reply to: jrchh1

Great Discussion here. It really has helped me
Had a brief career merchandising toy planes on the black market. Spent the better part of the 90's researching rocking horses in Jacksonville, FL. Uniquely-equipped for developing deodorant in Mexico. Spent 2002-2007 consulting about shaving cream in Pensacola, FL. Had a brief career licensing pond scum in Los Angeles, CA. Had moderate success buying and selling cigarettes in Los Angeles, CA.

Message 68 of 112
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for great solution.

Message 69 of 112
Hussainadil
in reply to: roberts123

I also had the same problem in opening the auto cad 2015. I first unistalled the acrobat reader then i tried to installed it. It got succesufully installed
Message 70 of 112
paccolapedro
in reply to: mazel39

Well, i'm having this problem as well. but in my case, I have a recently restored windows 8.1 with just a few software installed.

This is what my autoruns find:

I don't have any Acrobat/Reader installed, nor Nvidea drivers, please someone help. I also tried to reinstall C++ applications from the Autodesk folder an again, nothing.

LoadAppInt_DLLS already set to 0

PS: I'm trying with the new AutoCAD 2016 Student License.

Message 71 of 112
paccolapedro
in reply to: paccolapedro

*UPDATE

Yeah, I know this is a 3rd party conflict at Ini, however I tried to fully uninstall the Autocad and Install the 2015 anyway, and the same problem happened.

Autoruns can't give me the source problem, as you can see the images (all of those Regs values are set to 0)

So the last option for me is to forget about AutoCAD and try BrisCAD or other software right now, but if you guys can give me a solution, I try it later.
Message 72 of 112
kqxs123

Very useful article. Thank you all for sharing articles

Message 73 of 112
matlanh9x

AutoCad uninstalled , restart the computer and reinstall autocad
Message 74 of 112
mishaja
in reply to: jrchh1

me ha funcionado eliminar el programa acrobat 9 extended

Message 75 of 112
belyaevmaxim

Does not help to solve Autoruns, since Appinit nothing appears when I start Autocad 2015. The problem occurs when I use a discrete graphics cards(AMD HD8750M), but whew using the built-inIIntel HD graphics) runs and all is good. How to deal whis this?

Message 76 of 112
infoTPQCC

thank you for the answer it save me few hours of unnecessary work

Message 77 of 112

Can confirm - the knowledge base article is rubbish and didn't work. No Adobe D/C or 9, no autoruns issues, no regedit problems. The 'solution' was to disable the discrete graphics card but that isn't a solution at all. So very very over this rubbish 

Message 78 of 112

Hi,

>> The 'solution' was to disable the discrete graphics card

Then update both drivers, the one for the Intel GC and the one for the "other GC", if both are up-to-date then try to install an older driver version.

>> the knowledge base article is rubbish

I'm sure you have made then your suggestions of what is missing or incorrect using the "no" button besides the "Was the article helpful".

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 79 of 112
mcguirejames98

Hiii mazel39 ,
Thanks for this post ,
I checked your link ,AutoCAD 2015 Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)
and the application acad.exe runs only as an administrator
Message 80 of 112

Hi,

>> The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)

That error is a different one, I guess that should be an answer to another thread or a new thread. This thread here is working out the Error-ID 0x0000142.

>> the application acad.exe runs only as an administrator

That looks like your user either has not enough permissions or within his settings files and/or registry content is blocked (maybe copied from other persons with another permission).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report