Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 Network Deployment - Invalid Serial Number

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Sean
278 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 Network Deployment - Invalid Serial Number

Afternoon, hope someone can help.......

One of out DT teachers decided he wanted AutoCAD 2014 installed on the netwrok. So I have downloaded a copy and was sent a serial for a network install.

Deployment will be via GPO so I have gone through and created a bog standard, default admin image which is on a distribution share. when creating the admin image it asks you for the serial , which I enter and duely give green ticks indicating all is well.

The image is created. To test I run the msi manually on a client PC to see if there are any issues that need dealing with before testing a proper msi deployment.

When I run the installer from the msi manually it starts to go through the configuring process then chucks up an error that says:

The Serial Number you Entered is not Valid. Please try again.

If you click ok the install contines eventualy failing at the end. Any clues anyone?

cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Sean

Run the shortcut created in the root of the share, not the .msi file.  Otherwise, none of your answer files are passed to the deployment installer.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Sean
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok got that - but what I ws testing was the msi deployment - so if I roll this out via GPO I'm assuming the same error will happen preventing the install?

Message 4 of 4
Sean
in reply to: TravisNave

I can confirm the issue causes the PC to hang when deploying via GPO.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report