Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 LT will not accept my AutoCAD 2008 LT serial number for upgrade

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JakeHenning
1096 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 LT will not accept my AutoCAD 2008 LT serial number for upgrade

I recently purchased the AutoCAD 2014 LT upgrade (download) and when I try to activate my product, it will not accept my AutoCAD 2008 LT serial number.  Currently on the autodesk site, it is written that I can upgrade from 2008-2014 LT.  I have looked through forums, tried the online help, even tried to call Autodesk, which has offered no solution.  If anyone might offer any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.  I'm very frustrated.  

I have legitimately obtained all copies of CAD, all my CD's, serial numbers, etc. were purchased directly from the autodesk store online.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: JakeHenning

You cannot activate LT2014 with the LT2008 info. Or any other older version number.
You need the LT2014 serial number. It comes from separate email after your puirchase.

Autodesk is closed through Jan 3 I believe, so you can activate it as as trial using all zeros for serial number until someone from Autodesk answers.
Message 3 of 4
JakeHenning
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply, though I'm not sure I'm following your suggestion.

I have a new serial number for 2014 LT, which I recieved in an email, that works.  But it continues the activation process with another screen that asks for my 2008 LT serial number as well, in order to verify that I can purchase and upgrade vs. purchasing an all new license.  My 2008 LT serial number is off of the box that it came with, and has always worked in the past.  

I will wait till Jan. 3rd and see what help they might offer.  Thanks for the reply though!  Happy New Year!

Message 4 of 4
JakeHenning
in reply to: JakeHenning

They responded to an email form I sent them.  Aparently my previous address was associated with the 2008 LT copy, and when I purchased my new copy, I used my new address.  This is causing the issue.  I have to update the old address with the older software to my current address so the 2008 and 2014 addresses match.

Thanks again for offering a suggestion, I was getting really frustrated with not being able to contact Autodesk directly by phone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report