Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2014 LT. Cannot install. HELP!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
natalie.whalen-potter
347 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCad 2014 LT. Cannot install. HELP!

I am unable to install the software I have paid for!!!   I keep getting a 1606 error, then a #252 error, then a "failure to initialize.

I am loading with CDs from the company, so not a download issue.    Have tried reinstalling C+++, I have tried .Net repair.

5 days of this.  Can someone please help!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

natalie.whalen-potter,

Hello. I have some thoughts for you. First, copy the contents off the DVD to your C:\ drive. Disks are not infallible and there could always be an issue with the drive or drive software. We eliminate this if you copy the contents to a folder on your c: drive.

Turn off your Antivirus.

Uninstall Microsoft NET from your machine (let the program reinstalll)

Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, and 2010 entries from your machine (let the program reinstall)

I also found this post that may help:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22110415&linkID=9240697

Past this, I would look at your Windows Event log and see if there are any entries for failure. If you are in a pinch and simply need this installed, reinstall your operating system and then install. A reformat should take less than an hour and you would eliminate any operating system blocks.   

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report