Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 installation on Windows 8

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
iowasolutions
237 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad 2014 installation on Windows 8

We have Autocad 2014 it says its compatible with Windows 8.1. I moved a user from a Windows 7 PC to it and it will not install no matter what I do. I've tried compatibility mode, different user, run as administrator etc, disabling AV. Of course they don't have phone support. Has anyone else run into this.

Sometimes it just stays at determining installation requirements (left run over night)
Sometimes it gets to installing some language pack and stalls
Its a fresh install of Windows

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: iowasolutions

Post your installation log file and it may yield the reason for the failure.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
iowasolutions
in reply to: TravisNave

Where is this log located?

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

On the failure summary screen, it is a blue link.  But you can also find it in your %TEMP% folder.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
iowasolutions

Its too big to attach here

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

There should be a smaller one.  Otherwise, zip it and attach it. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 7
iowasolutions

Right on

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report