Hello, I have just purchased this new Lenovo laptop and it is set up to run with the AutoCAD suite. I have been trying to install the trial version of AutoCAD for about 3 hours....every time I am receiving an error message due to Communication failure. Help!
Welcome to the community,
Ok so when you are trying to install the software, what are you using? CD,USB or downloading it?
Please ensure the following has been done:
1. Computer meets the minimum requirements
2. UAC off
3. Firewall off
4. Anti-Virus off
5. Administrator rights
6. Clear the temp folder
7. Make sure you have enough disc space 60 Gigs at least
8. Make sure the OS is up to date
9. Reinstall C++ redistributable
10. Reinstall .Net Framework
11. Copy the content of the installation media to the C drive. Preferably on the root of the C drive to negate the problem of filenames becoming too long
12. Make sure short file name creation has been enabled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to a value of 0
13. Create a new Windows user with full admin rights
14. If the computer is on a domain remove it from the network completely for the duration of installation
Please post this as a different post, so we can follow if it has been solved and not get convused with the two different queries.
Follow this link to create a new post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/postpage/boar
Autodesk recommended uninstall/reinstall procedures are as follows
Ensure the user installing/uninstalling and using the product have enough rights to do so (install and reinstall as local administrator):
Unable to run AutoCAD® as a restricted user http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299
More complete .NET fix if you need it as noted above:
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.