Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2014 for Windows 8.1 Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
koen.reinders
3158 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCad 2014 for Windows 8.1 Error

Hello,

My name is Koen and I am using AutoCad 2014 as a student. Recently my laptop suggested me to update to Windows 8.1. I was using Windows 8 before and AutoCad 2014 was working just fine. However after I installed the update and tried to launch AutoCad it came up with this error:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Acces Violating Reading 0x0020 Exception at 83194c12h

I contacted the Autodesk Customer Care about this error and they came up with some steps. I have tried all of those steps but sadly none of these worked with succes. They told me this:

I see it crashed at the video driver, could you try the following workarounds and Which one works for you?
 1. Update the video driver to latest version.
 2. If you have dual video cards, try to switch the AutoCAD to run on another video card.
 3. If it still doesn't work for above 2 options, try to disable the video card in Windows Device Manager.

I still have the same error. They advised me to place a forum post on this forum to ask the professionals for help. So thats why I am here.

I am planning to downgrade my Windows back to Windows 8 and see if this might solve the problem but first I wanted to hear what the professionals think about this issue.

I am hoping to get a reply a.s.a.p.

Kind Regards,

Koen Reinders

Student

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: koen.reinders

there are several suggestions

read through these: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=windows+8.1&search_submi...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: DarrenP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report