Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 do not start in windows 8.1

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Gdiael
31530 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad 2014 do not start in windows 8.1

I upgraded to windows 8.1 last night. Everything worked well, and had no errors during the update process, but when I try to open Autocad 2014 appears a fatal error during SplashScream, I have removed and reinstalled everything from autodesk (with service packs) and changed the dll according to the most recent hotfix, yet he keeps giving fatal error in SplashScream!

My PC is a Dell Inspiron 14z, i7 8gb

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: Gdiael

Techically 8.1 is not yet a supported OS upgrade for the Autodesk products.  There may be additional incompatibilities that are not yet known. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

try rolling back to windows 8 if you can

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
Gdiael

Sorry I did not placed here, but it was a annoying week for me.
I did a clean install of Windows 8, but the autocad remained the same, breaking during the splash screen (I was installing autocad after installing all the latest drives provided by Dell, that should be the correct procedure). After two days of pure desperation, I realize what was making autocad crash, it was the graphic card's drive. When I installed the latest version provided by AMD, autocad opened normally. As I was with a clean OS, I tried to upgrade to windows 8.1 again and that's it, everything is working normally.

Thank you all for the attention.
Sorry for my english, i'm from brazil.

Message 5 of 11
waldecyr

Gdiael,

Poderia me dizer melhor o que fez para conseguir rodar o Autocad 2014 no Windows 8.1? Estou recebendo este erro fatal tmb. Onde faço a atualizacao do driver conforme falou?

Obrigado.

Message 6 of 11
dns.arquitetura

Oi, estou tendo o mesmo problema como faco pra resolver?

Message 7 of 11
Gdiael
in reply to: dns.arquitetura

Vejam bem, depende do seu pc. No meu caso o drive fornecido pela Dell para a minha placa de vídeo no windows 8.1 não era o mais recente e apresentava algumas instabilidades (não só no Autocad), por isso o meu Autocad não estava terminado de carregar e dava erro fatal durante a Splash screen (aquela tela temporária que aparece antes do autocad carregar completamente). Se o seu for da Dell com placa de vídeo da AMD, também pode ter sido isso, e na maioria das vezes problemas deste tipo envolvendo o Autocad são causados pela placa de vídeo de algum modo.

Se eu fosse vocês o que eu faria:

Primeiro instalaria todas as atualização para o Autocad 2014 disponíveis e depois verificaria se está funcionando.

Você baixá-las aqui: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618

A maioria destas atualização foram lançadas depois que eu tive meu problema e pode ser que resolvam ele.

No caso de não resover, vocês podem tentar baixar a versão mais recente da placa de vídeo do seu PC no site do fornecedor.

Essa é mais complicada pois é necessário que você saiba qual a placa de vídeo que tem no seu PC.

Tente a primeira opção e me dê um retorno.

Message 8 of 11
ovaishashmi
in reply to: TravisNave

hi I have just bought lenovo z510 laptop with windows 8.1 pro. When i was trying to install Acad 2014 it initialized first than one splash screen popped up and it crashed saying "an internet connection ir required to install a windows component, please connect to internet and re install" but I am already connected to internet that too of very high speed than why am i getting this message. screen shot of the splash screen is attached please help
Message 9 of 11
pendean

Turn off your firewall and anti-virus.
Have IE open.
Ensure your windows log-in is as FULL ADMIN.
Do NOT install the software over the Internet, diwnload the entire +1Gig file then double-click on it.
Message 10 of 11
pendean

PS:2014 is not quite Win8.1 approved yet, hopefully soon
Message 11 of 11
omar.naert

hallo,

my autocat do not work anymore. At start-up it generates an errorI have more of a year the Autocad 2013 student version for mac. it works perfect, but yesterday when I wanted to start up it gave a Error.

I re install autocat, he start up but you can do nothing.
I instal autocad 2014 student version for mac en he give me also an error.

At the error give he me a online help: Cer_..... and I instal autocad2014sp1.dmg
now I starts up but he give me no tabs an menu:

autocat no

the error:
the error

the next:
next error

help online:
help online

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report