Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 Crashing opening old AutoCAD 2008 DWG Files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
contratostitjms
672 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad 2014 Crashing opening old AutoCAD 2008 DWG Files

Hi,

We have several workstations using AutoCAD 2014 and a lot of old DWG files created on AutoCAD 2008.

Some of these files, when opened on AutoCAD 2014 crash the application...

I will attach the Print from the error and one of the files that we need to open.

This file still can be opened and edited on a computer with AutoCAD 2008, but not in any machine with AutoCAD 2014.

I already tried using DWG Viewer 2015, saving the file with another extension... There is no solution for the problem.

The Odd part is that not even a new installation of AutoCAD 2008 in another computer cannot open these files (same crash), only the old machine with the old installation of AutoCAD 2008 can open the files... Well, what can we do?

The crashing files are very important.

I await response.

Thank you...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: contratostitjms

Post the DWG file in question: the JPG is of no use.
Message 3 of 7
m_latz

Yes we need a sample dwg and if possible export this dwg on your old computer with 2008 also as dxf file.

regards

Markus

Message 4 of 7

Sorry, forgot to post it... Here it is.

Message 5 of 7
DarrenP

it doesn't work with 2015 either

like what was said before open the file up in 2008 and export it as a .dxf file and see if it opens in 2014

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
m_latz

Okay I tried. With my Windows 7 64-Bit and AutoCAD 2010/2012/2013/2015 I got an appcrash like you.

But with my Windows XP SP3 32-Bit and AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009/2010 I can open the drawing without any problems. I've exported a DXF file and will try to find out which element triggers the appcrash.

But takes til tommorow, because I'm on work.

regards

Markus

Message 7 of 7
contratostitjms
in reply to: m_latz

Thank You in advance! The computer with AutCAD 2008 is running Windows XP, as you described... Meanwhile we are trying to figure what's going on, i will install a virtual machine with Win XP X86 and a compatible Autodesk DWG or CAD program, trying to open the other files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report