Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 Won't Install

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cso10
3040 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 Won't Install

I was able to get the correct install exe file for my win 7 64bit (AutoCAD_2013_English_Win_32_64bit_wi_en-US_Setup1). It downloads to the desktop and when I execute it I get the following message:

“Communication failure

Download and installation has been interrupted by a lost connection between the Autodesk website and this computer. The most likely causes are:

–The installation package was moved from the install location which is not supported

I don't know what that means

– the Autodesk download website was closed or manually refreshed before the installer launched

I tried this various times throughout the day, and did not manually refresh before the installer launched

– A firewall has blocked the network ports

I disabled Norton firewall and virus protect

{Please address these issues if possible, return to the website, and then click on Install Now, or use another download method: Download Now or Browser Download”

Any thoughts as to what to try? I need to do my homework this weekend! Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: cso10

Hello Colleen,

Typically the best workaround for Install Now issues is to use an alternative method, specifically Browser Download. Can you please give it a shot and let us know if it works out?

Message 3 of 7
cso10
in reply to: philip.s

Hello, I did get it to install, but I used a personal download link provided by the Autodesk Education Community Support Team. Thank You for your help! Colleen
Message 4 of 7
z3289799

Colleen, I'm totally getting the same error as you. Now I've switched off all of my firewalls and what not, but still no progress. Even downloading by 'Browser Download' isn't doing the trick. How did you manage to get a personal link? That sounds like the best resolution at this point 😉 Cheers!
Message 5 of 7
cso10
in reply to: z3289799

I had to send a question ( basically what I wrote in this forum), to the AutoDesk Education Community help center.

Under "Need Help" they have a "contact us" link that you can send in and then a person will get back to you. For me this took several days.

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 7
gabi.disraeli

My autocad file has been downloading all night. It seems to be stuck on the final .02 GB that it needs to install. I don't know what to do from here. I really need my autocad available to study for my exam next week. The probablem shouln't be my computer.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: gabi.disraeli

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report