Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2013 student activation problem

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
st10000226
8497 Views, 20 Replies

AutoCad 2013 student activation problem

I am using AutoCad 2013 Student version. After installing, entering the correct serial number and key, when it comes to the activation part,nothing just happen! I just see an empty window.

I reinstalled it couple of times and tried to use the 30 days trial version to spot the problem but same thing just happens. Any idea how to solve this? 

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Hi st10000226:

I checked our record and the registered serial number we have on record's for Autodesk Showcase , Autodesk SketchBook Designer and Autodesk 3DS Max Design. Should you require registration assistance, you may contact our Registration and Activation team through thsi link:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Have a nice day!

Best Regards, 

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 21

Thank you for your reply. To use this link, I got to have a request code. However, I don’t reach that stage to see the activation request code. The screen freezes before it shows anything not even the request code. All I got are the serial number and key.

Message 4 of 21
duzeem
in reply to: st10000226

Hi!

Have you solved this problem? My Autodesk MEP 2013 has the same issue. When I start program I have window of MEP and this licence window, then I see an information that insoluble problem has occured and main window of program disappears.

Mariusz

Message 5 of 21
st10000226

I dunno if u got the same problem or not.. but mt problem is solved through the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

Simply uninstall internet expolrer 9.. will take u back to 8 and it should work probably

Message 6 of 21
duzeem

Thank you for response and help!!! I had IE7 so I downloaded IE8 which requires ServicePack3 fo Win XP. After installing both of them MEP finally works and licence window has content instead of blank page. I have never thought that I will have problem with IE in standalone application 😉 Thanks once again!!!

Message 7 of 21
afif90
in reply to: duzeem

Try check at your registry.. dlete folder name 'L'

Thank You&Best Regards,
Autodesk Reseller Malaysia
Mohd Afif
Message 8 of 21
alex_do
in reply to: afif90

Hi, I registered for the student version and it provided me with a Serial number. 

However, when I tried to use the serial number to register it says "The serial number you entered is not valid".

Message 9 of 21
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: alex_do

Hi alex_do,

I was able to pull up your Serial Number using the email address on file. I sent you a Private Message (small envelope beside your profile name) with the Serial Number. Please double check if that is the correct one? 

Upon reply, please also include the Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 10 of 21

when I tried to use the serial number to register it says "The serial number you entered is not valid".  I have same problem with alex , please help me soon as you can 

Message 11 of 21
philip.s
in reply to: tmertcosar

Hello Mert,

It appears that there is an issue with your account where the only workaround would be to create a new Education Community profile with a different email address. My apologies for the inconvenience and please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Message 12 of 21
kcosic
in reply to: philip.s

Hi!

I have same problem, when I tried to use the serial number to register it says "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again.".

Please help!

Message 13 of 21
philip.s
in reply to: kcosic

Hello Karlo,

There is also an issue with your account preventing the license info form functioning properly, of which the suggested workaround is to create a new Education Community profile with a different email address.

Message 14 of 21
smitchen

I am having the exact same problem. "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)"  Please help as we are trying to install on our new computers.

Message 15 of 21
philip.s
in reply to: smitchen

Hello Sean,

Did you receive this license from the Education Community? If so the workaround would be to create a new account and obtain a new license, however I wanted to note that the free licenses are for personal use and should not be installed on lab machines.

If you didn't receive this license from the Education Community, can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number so that I can troubleshoot accordingly.

Message 16 of 21
ja1113

Hello!

I've got some problem with the software activation, or I'm not sure that is activated now or not.

So, I have downloaded & installed both the AutoCAD 2013 and Inventor Professional 2013 student-version. After installing, I started the softwares, and I wanted to follow the following activation proccess: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17971157&linkID=9240617

But after Step 1, when I accepted the agreement, a little window came up which said 'Licence veryfing...', or something like this. Then once this window said 'Licence verified', and the softwares have been loaded.

Does it mean it is activated, or how shall I activate these products? I tried to register them at the http://registeronce.autodesk.com site, but when I enter the serial number (which I can see on the software download's site), it says, 'The serial code you entered is invalid. Try again. (Code 2)'.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Message 17 of 21
philip.s
in reply to: ja1113

Hello Attila!

What happens when you open the software? Does it go through the checking license screen again? What happens after that?

Message 18 of 21
gururaj1515

Hi I m not getting autocad2013 serial and product key how to get that? Its showing only autocad 2014,15&16
Message 19 of 21
JDMather
in reply to: gururaj1515

Student licenses are for 3-yr period.

The 2013 student licenses have expired.

I recommend that you learn the latest release of the software.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 20 of 21

I saw from one of these posts that the student serial number for autocad 2013 had expired already. But I really need to get this working. My laptop has 4gb memory and a 500 HD. And I found the Autocad 2013 software requirements fit to it. So I tried to download it, yet am having difficulty during license activation. Can anyone help me please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report