Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 not certified for Vista?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Dazzman
6654 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 not certified for Vista?

Does anybody else see this as a problem or is it just me with a Drawing Office full of Vista 64 bit systems?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
subpartner
in reply to: Dazzman

Hi,

Here's some information

"no longer officially supporting Windows Vista (not blocked on install just not supported.)"

Regards

Message 3 of 8
subpartner
in reply to: subpartner

and another link

Message 4 of 8
Dazzman

The point is that yes I know it will install and run it’s just that the response to the first issue will be “you are running on a OS that is not supported unlucky”.

Thanks again Autodesk.

Message 5 of 8
GTVic

I would say 0% chance of directly contacting Autodesk and them saying "hey, the crack team we assembled to resolve your issue were all set to make a fix for you ... but the red alert has been canceled as you are running Vista".:)

All you would typically need is one machine running Windows 7 and duplicate the issue there and report it.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

they've never supported every version of Windows, and they don't like supporting versions purchased by all 10 of you out there 🙂

Sorry you just found out, the press release was not well publicized. Do yourself a favor and skip Win8 too.

Message 7 of 8
cyberider
in reply to: pendean

I find it crazy that AutoCAD 2013 and Inventor 2013 are NOT certified/supported for Windows Vista! I mean really if you have come this far does it really take much more for the development teams to make the 2013 products work on Vista too? XP but not Vista - wow!

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: cyberider

Users have had four years to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7.  And the cost for the upgrade is pennies compared to Inventor. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report