Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2013 Failed to Install Result 1603 and 1619

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stacysnowman
2785 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCad 2013 Failed to Install Result 1603 and 1619

I am a student.  I just downloaded from the education community and tried to install AutoCad 2013 (and the included Design Review, Inventor Fusion and Inventor Fusion plugin).  Only the Inventor Fusion plug in installed- the others failed.

I have a Macbook Pro with Paralllels 8 running Windows 7 so that I can run AutoCad 2013 for Windows.   It looks like the Failed Installation Errors are related to Install Direct X Runtime failed (failure ignored Result 9) and Result 1603 for the AutoCad 2013; Microsoft Visual C++2010 SP1 Redistributable (x64) and (x86) with Result 1619 and NET Framework Runtime 4.0 KB2468871 with Result 1619 for AutoCad Design Review and Result 1603 for the Autodesk Inventor Fusion.

I am not a sophisticated software user and do not know how to resolve this.  I have read the discussion group and see things related to installing and uninstalling various items but do not have any experience doing that so I am really going to need to have my hand held on this (and I have a short fuse on needing to get the software up and running for my class).

I was able to see the error log (that is where my notes above came from on the Result codes) but once I hit the finish button, I no longer can locate AutoCad in Finder (since I assume it is not an "application" since it did not install) and I do not know how to find the error log that showed at the end of the failed installation so I do not know how to attach the error file using the Choose File button below.  I assume I should send the error log but do not know how to do that either.  I am really frustrated by all of this and it is really above my "pay grade" so hoping for some help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: stacysnowman

The error log will be in your %TEMP% location in Windows Explorer.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
stacysnowman
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what the %TEMP% location is in Windows Explorer so I would not have found that- but the good news is that I somehow managed to get the software loaded- it only took me 9 hours to try a bunch of random things on my own. I really think that you have got to provide more hands on hand holding support for students who need to use your software. In the long run it will benefit the company as we become professionals. As a landscape architecture student, I work with pen and ink and markers, not computers, except for the AutoCad required courses. Expecting that I can figure out what is going wrong is really a big leap. So, now that I have the software loaded, I can take my class. That was all I needed- just to get the program on my computer and installed and working.
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

For future reference, %TEMP% is just the system variable that points to the temporary directory in your Windows user profile. It is different for everyone and can be changed in the system variables either by user preference or by system policy.  Either way, because it is different, it is easier to give directions as the variable name.  You can access the temp folder directly if you know where it is, or you can simply type %TEMP% into your Explorer address bar or Start>Run dialog box just as you would for any other path or program.  It will jump you right there.  For best practices, keep this folder cleaned out often.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
whoisericb

Another person;

I did as you described, deleteing temp files but I still get the same response.

I have 3D max 2011 installed, does this affect this installation?

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: whoisericb

No, previous Autodesk products will not affect later installs. 

Your issue is a failure with a Microsoft prerequisite installation of .NET Framework 4.0.

Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue (.NET 4) and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, .NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report