Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD 2013 does not accept my serial number

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
hanakloudova
6462 Views, 18 Replies

AUTOCAD 2013 does not accept my serial number

Hi,

i have registered on the students community part of Autodesk. Downloaded Autocad 2013, started the installation, entered the serial key I recieved on the site and Autocad tells me that my serial key is invalid. Is there any fix? Should I try reinstalling or redownloading the software or creating new account? (I am using MacBook Pro)

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
philip.s
in reply to: hanakloudova

Hi hanakloudova,

We were experiencing a licensing issue within the Education Community that resulted in Invalid Serial Number or Product Key errors. Activation workarounds for all scenarios have been identified and are outlined here. Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance.

Message 3 of 19

Hi, 

Did it get resolved? because i am having the same problems with installing motion builder and the link you provided states that all other programs should work.

Please help

thanks

Message 4 of 19

Hi stefanieboensch,

We just got a feedback that indeed there were some issues with MotionBuilder but that has also been resolved by now. What needs to be done is to go through the license request process again to generate the correct association.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 19
csjwelsh
in reply to: philip.s

I have gotten my product key from the autodesk student program but I cannot get my serial number it is urgent I need it for my class tomorrow

Message 6 of 19
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: csjwelsh

Hi csjwelsh,

Not getting the Serial Number issue was already reported to our Education Community team. For any updates re this, please refer to this thread.

While waiting for the resolution, we suggest that you utilize and download the Product on Trial mode.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 7 of 19
gc121

I have the same problem as well my serial number for autodesk 3ds max 2013 seems to be invalid despite autodesk providing it for me which doesn't make sense at all

Message 8 of 19
philip.s
in reply to: gc121

Hi Charles,

It looks like there is a backend issue with your educational license, but I should be able to override the system and provide a manual activation code. Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your product request code.

Additionally for future reference, you can also contact our Registration and Activation group for these types of issues.

Message 9 of 19

Hello, 

I followed the steps that the webpage told me to follow to work around the program not recognizing my serial number. It still does not work, it states that my serial number is invialid even after I followed the steps multiple times. Please help. 

Thank you

JN.

Message 10 of 19

Hi jorge.nicolin,

Invalid Serial Number error when activating Licenses downloaded from the Education Community site is a known issue and we are currently working on the resolution.

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code. I will manually generate the Activation Code for you.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 11 of 19

Product key: xxxxx

Serial number: xxx-xxxxxxxx

Thanks for activating it for me

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 12 of 19
philip.s
in reply to: jorge.nicolin

Hello Jorge,

I'd be happy to help you out with your activation issue if you could please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") including your product request code.

Message 13 of 19
Tienbui1311

Hi,  I registered for the student version and got the series number a week ago. However, after installing the software, I got the message "the serial number you entered is not valid...". Following the suggestion of philip.s (community manager), I unintalled the 3ds Max trial, registered for new account and got new serial number, and installed the software again. However, it still doesn't accept my new serial number, so Im still on the trial version which will be expired after 27 days.Can you tell me what exactly did i do wrong with my account so that i can fix it properly. I really need this program in order to finish my course so can you please help me out. thanks

Message 14 of 19
philip.s
in reply to: Tienbui1311

Hi Tien,

I'm investigating this issue with our Education Community to see if it's more than just a fluke that happened twice.

In the meantime, can you please send me another Private Message with your request code + serial number so that I can generate a corresponding activation code.

Message 15 of 19
defjampro

I have the same problem with 3ds Max 2013. It wouldn't accept the serial number that it gave me so I had to select the 30 day trial version. I could use some help please and thank you.

Message 16 of 19
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: defjampro

Hi defjampro,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code so I can generate the Activation Code for you. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 17 of 19
Tienbui1311

the autodesk accepted my serial numbers now, so happy. Thanks for helping me out  🙂

Message 18 of 19
huffaudrey

I'm having the same problems with 3DS Max.

It's good to know I'm not alone with this..

The serial information given to me from the website is "not valid"

After re-typing it multiple times I knew there must be a problem.

I can't even request customer service because you need a valid Serial Key for that.

Thanks in advance!

-Alex

P.S.  I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Message 19 of 19
jp4ever

Hey there, my serial is also not working i've troed downloading maya 2011 and 2012 but it says the serial is invalid. A quick question too, I was working with a model in maya and I sent it to mudbox, the connection was made but when mudbox opened it was just a blank scene. I've done everything I can think of but nothing is fixing this problem and this is with the 2013 versions. 

Hope to hear back from you

- James Beavers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report