Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD Electical 2013 on the same server

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
inverted_2000
3353 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD Electical 2013 on the same server

Hi all,

Can I install AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD Electical 2013 on the same server?

I have 2013 working but when install Electrical 2013 on the same server the setup fails with:

Error 1309 reading from file, c\...blablabla MC3.dll

I'm just wondering if I'm trying to do something that will never work.

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Anyone maybe from AutoDesk??? The auto attendant isn't helpful with this Q&A.
Message 3 of 7
dembkod
in reply to: inverted_2000

inverted_2000 ,

Hello. The work “Server” is what is throwing me with your query. AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical can coexist on the same machine, assuming the machine is running one of the supported operating systems for the program.

If you are having install problems, common blocks are Microsoft Visual C++ and NET or Antivirus. It really depense on the error and what it is saying in the installation log file.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 7
inverted_2000
in reply to: dembkod

It's Server 2008 R2. AutoCAD 2013 installed without an error but I need to install AutoCAD 2013 Electrical on the same box.

Installation of AutoCAD 2013 Eletrical fails with the following popup and eventvwr entry:

Source: MsiInstaller
Event ID: 11309

Product Autodesk Inventor View 2013 -- Error 1309. Error reading from file: C:\Autocad Electrical 2013\Disk1\x64\Components\InventorView2013\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\MRK\Setup\Setup\MC3.dll. System error 3. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

The only file in the folder C:\Autocad Electrical 2013\Disk1\x64\Components\InventorView2013 is InventorView.msi

These bits are local to the server and not from a DVD or over the network.

Got any suggestions? I don't believe it to be a prereq issue as AutoCAD 2013 installed without an issue.
Message 5 of 7

oohhhh...now I see. The files it's looking for on on Disc 2...and not in the paths of Disc 1. I merged the disks into 1 installation directory since the error / installer won't allow one to change the path to the missing file. After doing that...the installation worked.

Thanks for verifying co-existing installations for me.
Message 6 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: inverted_2000

THe program isn't officially supported on a server operating system, for some good reasons.  I'm curious as to why a desktop OS isn't being used?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 7

For Citrix XenApp 6.5. They only publish apps...no VDI yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report