Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Wont run. PERIOD

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jcrane4
3796 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Wont run. PERIOD

I cant seem to get the AutoCAD 2012 to run on my machine.  I have tried several installation attempts, antivirus disabled, etc. 

Tried the .Net 4.0 update or repair, > NOTHING

Tried the renaming or deleting of "CascadeInfo.cas" Located in the ( C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\) folder. > NOTHING.

I have "Googled" my brains out trying to find a soloution.

Can anyone provide any advice or feedback on how to get past this issue?  Im running WIN 7 64bit, and have not yet been able to get past the splash screen, it just closes instantly.

PLEASE HELP

TIA

JC

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jaich
in reply to: jcrane4

Post the rest of your system specs.

Since you have attempted multiple installs, you could possibly benefit from a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall.  That process can be found on the ADSK site.  

Message 3 of 11
brian

My 2012 LT worked great for two weeks or so on a Win 7, 64 bit machine with i7 processor and 12GB of RAM.  When Win7 did an update to SP1, ACad stopped working.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck.  The flash screen pops up and along the bottom you can see that it's loading my template, loading the ribbon, then it's checking licence - and BAM - it closes itself with no error message or report.  I know I have a license - I just renewed by subscription with a 3-year term and I'm starting to regret the upgrade.

It seems to have something to do with the new FlexNet license feature, but I can't figure out where to go next.  Any help is appreciated as I'm working on my laptop using a trial install until I get this fixed!

Message 4 of 11
LaurentMonel1755

I think that your case was similar to mine (solved this morning) : the answer is here :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=13140816

This is a patch for Flexlm with Win 7 and license installed on same computer than the software.

Just disable the daemon, extract the patch and replace the files ... and reactivate the daemon.

Message 5 of 11
brian
in reply to: LaurentMonel1755

My solution was to delete the adskflex_xxx.data file and the backup file from the FlexNET folder (C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet).  Then when I started ACad, it re-authenticated the license and worked fine again.

Message 6 of 11
jcrane4

Neither of the suggestions have worked for me.  As mentioned it is a Softlock Licence Manager error.  It crashes from the splash screen when loading my settings with no error.

System Specs:

Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth x58| Processor - Intel i7 960 | Cooler - Thermalright Venemous X
Power Supply - Enermax Revoloution 1020watt
Ram - Mushkin Blackline 3x4GB DDR3-1600
Video Card - 2xASUS EAH 6870 Crossfire
HDD-  120gb Intel SSD X-25m [Windows 7 Pro 64] | 1tb Western Digital Black

Never had this kind of issue with an AutoCAD program before.

Message 7 of 11
TravisNave

Have you checked the adlm log file in the same location as your CascadeInfo.cas file?  You might have a corrupted .PIT file or similar licensing problem. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 11
jcrane4
in reply to: TravisNave

I will check this when I get back to the PC.  If I am missing the .PIT file what action can be taken?  Im not sure if I ever remember seeing a .PIT file in that folder.

Message 9 of 11
jcrane4
in reply to: TravisNave

I should also note: This is a Stand Alone licence I am attempting to install, not a Network licence.

Message 10 of 11
Shinyhead

Hey, found a way that finally worked for me after a week of the same problem.

In the C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder there is a file calsed adsk*_tsf.data+backup.001 file in addition to the adskflex*_tsf.data file. Delete BOTH of these files. The backup was corrupt too and still made it crash, by deleting both it made the activation screen come up and I was able to get it running again.

They should update the knowledge base article on this so people know to delete the back up file as well.  Caused me no end to heartache thinking I would have to reformat my machine for something this silly.

Chris

-General CAD Monkey
-Part Time CAD Instructor
Message 11 of 11
rja2
in reply to: brian

I had to do this, plus also delete the licfile.lic out of the folder for autocad.

I also had identical problems with 3dsMax and Revit.

The problem was the same for all three, They hung on launch. They would have to be task manager forced close. Solution was the same for all three, just kill all of the license files. 

just posting in case other run into similar issues

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report