Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Win 7 64 Bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Landslide8
1640 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Win 7 64 Bit

I am getting the error message about Directx failure like i have seen many others.  i have attached my log files.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Soyoung.H
in reply to: Landslide8

I looked into the log files you attached, It seems Installation problem.

Can you start AutoCAD?

The log shows below message,

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1619

This error may occurs because the installer contains an earlier version of the Visual C++ 2005 package and Windows Update pushed out a later version over last summer that does not allow the prior version to install.

You can simply remove the existing more recent version of the C++ 2005 Redist package or use the suggestion at the following link:

The possible suggestion to resolve this is listed at:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17570140&linkID=9338138

Soyoung.H
Message 3 of 4
sanith
in reply to: Landslide8

i dont have the activation code for autocad 2012...............wat should i do?????//

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: sanith

Hi sanith, 

Please reference the following instructional link that will walk you through the activation process and locating your Request Code.

How to find your product request code – LINK

To complete the manual activation, please either fill out our License Assistance Form (also available on Chat) or call our Registration and Activation group and provide your Serial Number and Request Code.

Americas: (800) 551-1490

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688

Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report