Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Trial Startup Problem

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
lorne.bruce
2339 Views, 14 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Trial Startup Problem

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue I'm having with my trial version of AutoCAD 2012? I downloaded it yesterday, played around for about an hour and went to bed...this morning it refuses to load, stopping at the "Your Autodesk Trial" page and refusing to let me click the top right "Use AutoCAD" button without sending up an error message:

An error has occurred in the script on this page. 

Line: 1

Char: 52

Error: Unterminated string constant

Code: 0

URL: https://ipm.autodesk.com/ipm/acd/2012/enu/index.html?redirected=1&d=29&country=ca 

Below that it asks if I want to continue running scripts on this page. If I click "Yes" I'm directed to a web page that can't be opened (http://localhost/action=LocalRun) and if I click "No" nothing happens and I remain stuck at the "Your Autodesk Trial" page. I need to get familiar with this program, and only have this 30 day window in which to do it, so I'm a little anxious to make the most of it. Thanks for your help! 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
byron.morales
in reply to: lorne.bruce

Hello:

Please try the following:

Turn of  UAC (user account control)  - you do this by;

going to the Control Panel 

and selecting User Accounts 

and then selecting Change User Account Control Settings

move to the bottom as never notify and pressing Ok

Reboot computer

Now Right click on the AutoCAD 2012 Icon and select Run as Administrator

Let me know if the above helps resolve the problem.

Byron Morales
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution:smileywink:

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 3 of 15
TravisNave

In addition, you might make sure that your Internet Explorer is up-to-date and set as your default browser. 

Can you click that link directly and open the site?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 15
fatfingers
in reply to: TravisNave

Can you get one of the autodesk web guys to update line 22 on this page: https://ipm.autodesk.com/ipm/acd/2012/enu/index.html?redirected=1&d=30&country=us 

to terminate the string constant.

The code in question is this:

setTimeout("mboxUpdate('itm_nurture_convert','type=use-autocad )",300);

^ right here string terminator is missing.

Message 5 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: fatfingers

It does appear that there is a typo on the script on line 22, as I have confirmed by viewing the source. 

If you turn off your script debugging in the advanced options of Internet Explorer, you should be able to safely ignore this issue.  Doing so allows the page to load properly for me.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15
fatfingers

I have script debugging disabled. I am running XP sp3 with IE8 as admin, so is there another solution to get the trial to run?

Message 7 of 15
TravisNave

I'm on Windows 7 running IE9, so maybe that is why.  You cannot just launch the software and use it regardless of that box?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 15
fatfingers

When I start Acad I get the same problem as the OP.  The script that is supposed to run when the Use AutoCAD button is pushed craps out with the same error as in th OP.  I then have to force close both acad.exe and LMU.exe.  I was under the impression, based on the script error, that the typo on the page I referred to before was some how not allowing me to run the script which in turn started the program.

Message 9 of 15
TravisNave

Crazy thought, but unzip this corrected index.html file onto your desktop.  Then in the root of your Windows User Profile under your username create a folder called enu and paste the file there too.  Then run the one on your Desktop and allow active content when prompted.  Then replace the redirect line with this one:  ?redirected=1&d=30&country=us  and hit enter.  This allowed me to click the run link.  Might work for you too.

index.png

Autodesk Forums:
Tags (1)
Message 10 of 15
fatfingers

Ok I did what you asked.  I have to click on the index.html first, allow active content, then start AutoCAD then wait for another LMU.exe page to display (shows tutorials whith the run autocad button in the right hand corner) then click that run button.

So in short the software is running now.  Abit of a round about way to start it though.

Message 11 of 15
TravisNave

Man, I come up with some ridiculous fixes sometimes...  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 15
taylorplant

I have been having the same problem and have tried the above suggestions with no success. The corrected index.html file is not available so I can't try that work around. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message 13 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: taylorplant

Looks as though attachments in general are broken at the moment on the server. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 15
fatfingers

First, I would verify that both acad.exe and LMU.exe are not running in task manager.  Then open https://ipm.autodesk.com/ipm/acd/2012/enu/index.ht​ml?redirected=1&d=29&country=us in a web browser.

After that page is open try to start autocad again.

What you are trying to do is force the "start trial" page to cycle to the next available one.  I believe I saw 3 of them while I was testing. The one that is posted up a few posts is the default and will be displayed in your browser when you go to the link.  The second one has "Tutorials" as the prominent title and the trail button works on that page.

Remember if you can't get the "Tutorials" page to load when you start autocad, you will need to force close both acad.exe and LMU.exe before trying again.

Message 15 of 15
fmarchila
in reply to: byron.morales

i have the same issue with AutoCAD 2012 trial but running in XP Pro SP2.  Dont have an option for user account control settings.  IE8 trying to display a page https://localhost/action=LocalRun fails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report