Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2012 reinstall failure Win 7 1603/1619

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
257 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2012 reinstall failure Win 7 1603/1619

Hello,

I'm trying to reinstall Autocad 2012 on Windows 7.

I'm receiving an installation aborted error 1603

(it also fails to rollback DirectX - error 1619).

I've attached the log file.

I've never had to decipher one of these.

Could someone take a look and recommend a fix?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Does the log file that shows the rollback also show which part failed?  Usually these failures are caused by:

1.  Prerequisite installation failure

2.  Installing with a service pack

3.  Installing from media instead of from hard drive

If you have the other installation log, post it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello again,

That was a quick reply. Thank you. I think I should fill you

in on my situation.

I just completed a new installation of Windows 7 Pro on a new internal hard drive.

After that, I migrated my old XP Home drive to Windows 7 Pro using

Laplink PC Mover Pro (Image and Drive Assistant). This migration moved

many of my old educational Autodesk products successfully, but it also failed

a number of others.

I have read that AutoCAD 2012 balks at installation if certain other Autodesk products

are already present. I need to know which "successfully" transfered products I need

to remove before I try another AutoCAD 2012 installation. I certainly don't want to

remove all of them!!! Here is my current installation:

Successful Transfers:                                                                           *   Unsuccessful:

*

Design Review 2012               Mudbox 2012                                   *    AutoCAD 2012  

Design Reviewn                      Robot Strucutral Analsysis Pro 2012  *    Architecture 2012 (?)

DWG True View 2007             Softimage 2012 Sp1                         *    Electrical 2012

Inventor Fusion 2012              Backburner                                       *    Map 3D 2012

Alias Automotive 2012           Composite 2012                               *    Mechanical 2012

Alias Design 2012                   DWG True View 2009                       *    P&ID 2012

OEM View 2008                     DWG True View 2012                       *    Maya 2012

OEM View 2009                     Showcase 2012                                *    MEP 2012

Architecture 2012 (?)              Sketch Book Pro 2011 sp2                *    Sketch Book Designer 2012

3DS Max 2012

3DS Max Design 2012

Algor Simulation 2012

Data Management

FBX Plug-Ins

Impression 3

Infrastructure Administrator 2012

Inventor 2012

Inventor Publisher 2012

Match Mover 2012

Moldflow Advisor

Motion Builder 2012

I hope I'm asking the "right" question

Comments?

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report