Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2012 LT Installation problem at a launch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
541 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2012 LT Installation problem at a launch

The IT deparmtent rencently installed autocad lt 2012 on my windows xp computer.  For whatever reason, they did not activate the product.  They are only on site once a week, so for now I am running on the 30 day trial.  No big deal, next week I will be sure to have them authorize it and I believe my problem will go away, I still have 23 days remaining.   For now, here's the problem.

When I launch LT, I get the typical Autodesk Trial Screen.  When I click the use autocad icon in the upper right corner, Internet Explorer Launches with http://localhost/action=LocalRun in the address bar, and the progam never runs.  Eventually I have to kill the actual process.

If I relase my network card launch LT, everything is fine, although I have a few issuses with network fonts, settings, etc after I renew it.  Seems like there is some issue with the activation system.  

Any suggestions until this gets activated?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Have you by chance tried to activate the product or are you waiting for the IT department to come out again? What happens when you click on the activate button? The following is what you should be seeing during a typical activation process.

How to register and activate Autodesk software - LINK

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

I was waiting for the IT department,  I have the Serail # and  Key, but not the login and password for the companys account on autodesk.  So when I click the Use Autocad LT box in the upper right of the splash screen (or whatever its called).  Internet Explorer is launched with http://localhost/action=LocalRun as an address.  A cannot display the webpage screen is shown.  The Autocad LT hangs and wont run until I release the network card.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I am having the same issue exactly. I have the trial loaded with 22 days remaining and now I have wasted an entire morning trying to get the program running. I have done the whole remove program and delete registry entrys thing and redownloaded the program. It installs but when I click on the TRY icon an explorer screen open and says it cannot display the page. Previously it had said the the server was unavailable but the program would always launch. Now nothing happens.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

For the time being, my suggestion is open a windows command propmt.  

type ipconfig /release

launch autocad LT

once autocad LT is runnig go back to the command prompt and type

ipconfig /renew

That's my workaround

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report