Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 language pack install error

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
imanc72
10849 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 language pack install error

Hi

I am trying to install the ACADLP.msi for Autocad 2012 on a Win7 x64 build and get the following errors:

Command line:

msiexec /i acadlp.msi
INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English\

Error: This product can only be installed by the setup.exe or uninstalled by Control Panel

Installation ended prematurely because of an error.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Logging from a command line:

msiexec /i "Path to AcadLP.msi" /l* c:\acadLP2012.txt /passive INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English" ADMIN_INSTALL=YES LPPARENT=ACAD

Error: install starts and then fails with no message. The log last line:

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: AutoCAD 2012 Language Pack - English. Product Version: 18.2.51.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Autodesk. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1603.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hashim.mundol
in reply to: imanc72

MSIEXEC is not a recommended method as there are many transforms required for the msi files,

please refer to the installation guide for the available installaiton methods, you can refer to the scripted installation and the GPO installation both will help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
imanc72
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Sorry that does not help.

The example in the Network Administrator Guide is for a 'Standalone' license. We have multiple - distributed licenses.

Also we repackage our apps and deploy through sccm to remove prerequisites that are already included on our machines such as .net, Direct X and c++

The admin image method is inpractical for deployment of multiple products i.e the Building Design suite to multiple machines  over multiple sites.

All I need to know is how to install the language pack.

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
hashim.mundol

I understand your concerns, but using command lines without proper transforms would have more adverse effect on the program than your are trying to fix. this is not tested method, and there are some custom actions which depends on certain parameters.

If you can create transforms using the deployment and use those as described in the GPO installation method, everything should work as per your needs.

transforms  would be 

deploymentname*.mst and gpo.mst

for both acad.msi and acadlp.msi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
imanc72

Thanks but still no use.

We don't want to deploy AutoCAD2012 through group policy we want to deploy it through sccm via a install script.

Are you confirming the that the acad-ACAD2012x64-for-GPO.msi has a acad-ACAD2012x64.mst transform

and the AcadLP.msi has a GPO.mst

Both of which were created from the Admin install.

Can you please provide an example script that will install a network distributed licenses.

Thanks

Message 6 of 11
hashim.mundol

Sorry for not being clearer earlier. I was only guiding you to GPO to create the command line. as gpo uses the similar concept.

what i meant was using something like this from the deployment image's msi files. 

MSIEXEC /i  acad-*-for-GPO.msi  TRANSFORMS=deploymentname-*.mst;gpo.mst

MSIEXEC /i  acadlp.msi  TRANSFORMS=deploymentname-*.mst;gpo.mst

(please correct names and path to the file, I don't have the exact name and path with me at home)

to answer your other queries.

acad-ACAD2012x64-for-GPO.msi  doesnt contain all the transforms, you will still need the .mst files as mentioned earlier.

Another option is to use the documented SCCM deplyoment method (using setup.exe) and edit the setup.ini to skip the pre-requisites.

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#GUID-25E859DC-5B3D-4829-A3C9-30A1C835E9D...

If you read the scripted installation method in the documentaiton you will find the relevant command lines (parameters to be passed)

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#GUID-2706FF16-E7F8-47D5-BC7F-8AA380DE72C...

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
imanc72

Thanks

I'm still getting the original error installing the language pack:

Error 1606. Could not access network location of Setup.

This message makes no sense as all the files are local to the machine.

From your previous post are you suggesting applying two transfroms against one msi and using the AutoCAD transfrom against the Language pack msi?

If so what's the acad.mst in the en-us\acad folder for?

Message 8 of 11
hashim.mundol

Please check the verbose log for details on the path.

acad.mst is default one with the installation source, when the deployment image is created deploymentname*.mst is created from this, with your license method, serial number etc..

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 11
imanc72

Ok I've checked the logs - nothing in it explains the problem or states a path.

Is there any chance you contact me direct?

Message 10 of 11
hashim.mundol

Is this from the deployment image ? or installation source ?

if it is deployment, please try to use same paths used for deployment creation. (even if it is local try to use the share name used during the deployment creation)

Let me check if i can contact you directly.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 11

Did some offline troubleshootingm Following command lines worked in this case; 
Autocad 2012 From deployment image
msiexec /i \\deploymentservername\Deploymentsharename\AdminImage\x64\acad\acad-Deploymentname-for-GPO.msi /qb TRANSFORMS=\\deploymentservername\Deploymentsharename\AdminImage\x64\acad\acad-Deploymentname.mst

Language pack From deployment image
msiexec /i \\deploymentservername\Deploymentsharename\AdminImage\x64\en-us\acad\AcadLP.msi /qb TRANSFORMS=\\deploymentservername\Deploymentsharename\AdminImage\x64\acad\acad-Deploymentname.mst

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report