Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 has stopped working...

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
grudento
1906 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 has stopped working...

Hi!

I just got a Student license for AutoCAD 2012 and i just intalled it on my computer.

The problem is, when i open, it shows the loading screen a little bit, load some things and just hangs... I get the message from windows "AutoCAD aplication has stopped working".

The thing is, i dont know but when i turn off my 3D Hardware Aceleration, the problem go away and i can use CAD, but it works with enourmous lags, for example, when i try to draw a Line.

Ive searched on how to turn on the 3D acc inside the program, but the option its unavaible, i just cant turn on my Hardware from inside the program, even when i turn on the card with AutoCAD running.

Win 7

Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2GHz

6 Gb Ram DDR3

Nvida GeForce GT 555M

Please if someone could help me ill be grateful!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aaronhai
in reply to: grudento

Hi grudento,

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group. 

I did a check in the Autodesk Certified Hardware Page and it appears that the GeForce GT 555M is not listed under the certified graphics card list. That said, please try updating the card driver, as there is a latest driver released on 10 Oct 2012 by NVidia and see if that helps to alleviate the issue.

Thank you. 

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 5
grudento
in reply to: aaronhai

Hi aaronhi!

Thx for the reply but i`ve done that already!

Thank You!

Message 4 of 5
aaronhai
in reply to: grudento

Hi grudento,

I wish to confirm if you have done the steps listed under Point (3) in this FAQ?

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 5 of 5
grudento
in reply to: aaronhai

Hi aaronhai!

Thx for the update!!

Got my autocad runnning smooth again!

Thx!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report