Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Failed Installation aborted Result=1603

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kimberkay
28880 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Failed Installation aborted Result=1603

I'm receiving the above error when I try to manually install AutoCad 2012 on a PC from a folder on our network containing the software files.  I've installed the software on numerous other PCs in our organization with no issues.  What is the problem with this one?  I've attached the log file for your review/comment.

Thank you in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: kimberkay

Try installing the application locally instead of over the network and do so under a different user account with local admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled.  That should be a good start.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
kimberkay
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your suggestions; however, all the other installations I performed successfully were done in the exact same way.  So, I don't think any of those things will make any difference.  Did you look at the log file?

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Yes.  Since the log file only contains a generic 1603 without a root cause for failure, we're only left with a laundry list of things to try.  This is usually the first step, since it seems to resolve many of these strange occurrences.  All the prereqs and the materials library installed.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
kimberkay

Thank you.  I'll give that a whirl and we'll see what happens!  🙂

Message 6 of 11
kimberkay

It must have been something with the user's userid.  I did copy the files from the installation path on the network to a folder on the user's PC's HDD, then ran the install from the local machine, under a PC Admin userid.  That worked like a champ!  Thank you!!

Message 7 of 11
TravisNave

My pleasure Kim.  I'll close out the support call.  Let us know if you have any other problems!  Smiley Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 11
jfernando_090

FailedInstallation aborted, Result=1603

pls help me solve this problem. i tried to install it many times

Message 9 of 11
Djacob62

I had the same thing happen recently.  I created my deployment files several months ago and I installed it just fine on my workstation.  This week I started installing to other workstations but before I did I edited my deployments to include AutoCAD 2012 SP2 and Fusion 2012 SP3.  Every workstation I tried I had the installation fail.  So I recreated my deployments and did not add either service pack, then the installations went fine.  After AutoCAD and Fusion installed I manually applied the Service PAcks successfully.

Message 10 of 11
emily.xu
in reply to: Djacob62

My suggestion, if you want to modify your deployment or move it to another server, it would be better to recreate one than modify the existing one, you can add language pack, service pack to your new deployment, since I got some reports that after modified, the deployment doesn't work any more for some reasons, and recreate one can solve the problem.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 11 of 11
SBMtmiller

I am installing this locally on a x86 XP machine with Admin rights and get this same error. InstallAutoCAD® 2012FailedInstallation aborted, Result=1603. Pre-req's and library installed. This is the 2nd of 10 failures I am looking into. The first was because of a Windows Update. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report