Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 Installation Error 1101

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
napper.brian
2039 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 Installation Error 1101

The installation routine for AutoCAD LT and ALL AutoCAD based products places the Acad.mst file (or product equivalent) under the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp folder of the Admin Installer. The normal user cannot access the *.mst file as required to build a profile on 1st time use of the product - because it is in the cached profile of the Administrator..! This is a hidden installation process, and was NOT present in the 2010 product range. Why is the product MST file being put in this protected location (its not a configurable option) - or if it exists in anotrher location - what is controlling where the ordinary user is being directed to read & list this file - that is all that is required apparantly. Failure to be able to Read & List the relevant product MST file on 1st time use results in a corrupted AutoCAD profile and a non functional AutoCAD product (for the user). It will of course work perfectly under an Admin Login.

Dirty Fix - is to give the group called Users - Read & List permissions on the MST file buried deep within the Admin Local Profile. Not at all a satisfactory method even though it works. What has happened to the install routines for the AutoCAD based product range ? It worked fine in virtually all envirnments all the way up to and including R2009 (and still does)- no fixes or workarounds required for anything PRE 2010 - that had problems - they have got worse under 2011.

Brian Napper

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: napper.brian

Have you tried elevating your users to local Administrator rights upon first launch of the program? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
napper.brian

Thanks  - it would work but not a viable solution longterm. Already have a workaround that is easier to apply. But my point to Autodesk remains the same. Now beginning to suspect the hidden microsoft switches behind the MSI install are geared to Vista / Windows 7 - and for XP the switch for ALL USERS is off.

Message 4 of 5
crazxbox

Anyone has any information on this?  I am having the same issue.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
N00272644

NO PUEDO INSTALAR EL PROGRAMA EN MI PC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report