Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 Flex License Error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JoeOxnard
3390 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 Flex License Error

Just recently added a floating license for AutCOD 2011.   I received the license file via email and added the contents to the exisitng license file used by flexnlms and it shows up with all the other AutoCAD suites we have licenses for.  I can get the license to launch accept when someone is in AutoCAD 2008-2010.  The 2011 license still shows available, but the package 64300ACD_F is check out and it seems that 2011 will not start unless this is available as well.  Is there a way to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: JoeOxnard

What is the error message and error number that you get on the client when you launch 2011?  Also, what products were already in your original license file before appending the AutoCAD 2011 .lic?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
JoeOxnard

The license file we use includes licenses for:

AutoCAD 2008

AutoCAD 2009

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2010

Map 2006

Map 2007

Map 2009

Civil 3D 2009

The error is 

-4.132.0 a valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

-4 means that your number of licenses have been exceeded.  It's not an error with the FlexLM, it just means that you do not have any available licenses left to launch the product. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
JoeOxnard
in reply to: TravisNave

Right,,but there is only one license checked out for AutoCAD 2008 and we can not launch any other version of AutoCAD even though we have licenses available for this version which is 2011?

The licenses that are check out are:

54600ACD_2008_OF and 64300ACD_F

These are checked out by one user running AutoCAD 2008. 

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

The 64300ACD_F is the feature code for your AutoCAD subscription.  If you have a single license seat of 2011, for example, this license file allows you to run that seat backwards compatible up to three versions back.  This means you can run that seat as 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008.  The NLM will show you that one seat is available for each of these versions, however the combined amount of seats cannot exceed the actual number of seats that you own for 2011. 

Additionally, if you already had an existing license file for AutoCAD 2008 and you append the Subscription license for 2011 to that file, it would effectively supersede the license file for 2008. 

Since the NLM is coming back with the -4 error, you are clearly out of licenses for that product... at least in the fashion that the NLM is configured.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 10
JoeOxnard
in reply to: TravisNave

That is exactly what is happening.  Is there a way to force the 2008 users to use the 2008 license and feature license and allow the 2011 user to access this new license?

Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

Yes.  What you need to do in this case is have Autodesk generate you a new 2011 file that does not have the Subscription PACKAGE added to it, but only the INCREMENT feature for 2011.  Call Autodesk Activations at 1-800-551-1490 and ask them to create this new special license file for you. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 10
JoeOxnard

OK, I got my license from Autodesk and it works perfectly.  Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated.

Message 10 of 10
TravisNave

Excellent!  That's what I like to hear.  Glad you are up and running. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report