Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 deployment with custom port for licence server

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
930 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 deployment with custom port for licence server

For local reasons, we need to run our licence server on a non-default port.  When the LICPATH.LIC file is manually edited after installation to include the port number, everything works.  Is there a way to include this port number when building the deployment so that this license file does not need to be manually edited later?  The server name field when building the deployment seems to not take the extra options.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

We haven't tested this. also it is not recommended to change ports as they can cause issues for troubleshooting 2080 is a registered port for Autodesk licensing.

but have you tried portnum@servername during the deployment creation ?

eg:-2080@servername

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I should have clarified that we needed to use a different lmgrd port from the default 27000 since that one is used by something else already.  (Leaving the adskflex port at 2080 is fine.)  The process for changing the port after installation is documented on pages like: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9241177&id=5581990&siteID=123112

I was hoping that there was somewhere that I could build this into the deployment so I didn't have to remember to manually edit every licpath.lic file after installation on each machine.  The installer doesn't accept portnum@servername syntax.

Message 4 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

Most 2010/2011 Autodesk products would look for following range of lmgrd ports on the server.

27000-27009, if you change the lmgrd ports to any of these you don't to specify anything in the client during deployment it should try to connect to these ports.

Please test this behavior with your server before you deploy. I have tested it in License manager 11.7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report