Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 Crash at Startup

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daycom
1682 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 Crash at Startup

I have recently had a workstation, that had ACAD2011 installed on it, have a motherboard failure. I replaced the motherboard and, sure enough, the software had unregistered itself due to the change of hardware. After trying to re-register, the software now loads the splash screen, but then immediately crashes.

I have tried doing a clean install as per the instructions on this site, I have run the application as a different user with administrative privileges and also tried to run it in safe mode, all to no avail. I experience no errors when installing/uninstalling the product and an older version of AutoCAD is still working without any issue.

If anyone could offer assistance regarding this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: daycom

Try deleting the file named CascadeInfo.cas.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13894457&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
daycom
in reply to: TravisNave

I tried this, but to no avail.

Are there any other steps I could try to resolve this issue?

Message 4 of 4
in reply to: daycom

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!

First of all you need to uninstall every version of AutoCad you installed before, and delete every file that is associated with AutoCad, that means and those files that are located in Regedit, here is  a link how to do uninstall all that and delete all these files:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

And then after you uninstalled everything and deleted all files, you install your latest version and everything works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report