Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 - Change standalone images, from server1 to server2

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
David_Metcalf
395 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 - Change standalone images, from server1 to server2

I understand I can modfiy or create an new deploy image server names from server1 to server2.

However, current installs pointing to server1 while working fine due to use of mapped drives rather than UNC have a issue with new users logging on the Windows OS the first time. New users starting AutoCAD the first time on a machine which prevoiusly had AutoCAD installed from deploys on server1 are failing with 1606 error. Now that server1 is gone we are getting errors when configuring new folders on starting AutoCAD under a new OS profile.

Since image has been moved to server2, is ther a way to point current install to server2 without a reinstall? Editing an INI file or something?

Thanks,

David

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: David_Metcalf

If your SERVER1 no longer exists and the deployement path is setup share is the same on SERVER2, then why not make a HOSTS file entry on C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc to point SERVER1 to SERVER2 so that whenever the client actually tries accessing the non-existent server, they are redirected to the new server instead.  Might just work. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
David_Metcalf
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

Sounds logical. I just found a reg hack here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2008/Cannot-Repair-Error-1606/m-p/2344427

Will try that first and see and then direct teh IT guy to look at you suggestion.

Thanks!

David

Message 4 of 5

Bah hum bug.

Guess what? I tried to modify the image, recreate a new image based on the existing.

Got these errors every time.

Error 1606 Could not access network location \\serverA\CADD_Support\plot_Styles\

Retry or Cencel

Then:

Error 1606 Could not access network location \\serverA\CADD_Support\plotters\

Same result when attempteding on the client to repair, reinstall, uninstall!

Used brute force removal and reg hacking to remove ALL Autodesk products andf then I am gettting "A new version is installed" when trying to reintall AutpCAD MEP.

Wiping the drive right now with a new OS. I got 28 machines with this pending issue.

Anyone else end up with a dead server and these issues?

Regards,

David

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: David_Metcalf

Modify the .ini file in the deployment to look to the new server instead and make the shares identical on your second server as your first.  You still could point the original defunct server to the new server with a hosts file entry.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report