Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 (32bit) installation side-by-side configuration incorrect

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
felixhoepke7855
3812 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 (32bit) installation side-by-side configuration incorrect

it keeps occuring, i removed visual studio c++ components and visual studio 2010 itself, downloaded and reinstalled the redistributable 2005 and 2008 c++ packages (x86) from ms onto my 32 bit machine running windows 7, to no avail. i'm not really into IT, so  this is where i'm stuck; any help/suggestions appreciated of course

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

What is the problem and error that you are getting?  Your description is vague.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

update:

1. i confirmed that my [new] ps meets the standard pc requirements for autocad 2011;

2. i removed ms visual studio 2010 together with the vs c++ 2005 and vs c++ 2008 components, as well as acad from my pc;

3. i downloaded and [re-]installed acad 2011 on my pc, and downloaded and [re-]installed the vs c++ 2005 redistributable and vs c++ 2008 redistributable components on my pc (from the ms website);

4. upon installation and setup (both apparently successful) i follow the instractions to locate and name folder on my pc for deployment; i locate the acad.exe file in a subfolder of the the newly installed autodesk file on the c drive of my pc;

5. upon attempting to execute acad.exe, it immediately displays a window labelled with the acad.exe location and content "the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." (i haven't reacted at all to the 2nd sentence.)

many thanks for your help

Message 4 of 5

You have a major problem with your .NET Framework.  You might use the .NET Cleanup tool to remove your instances and reinstall only .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5

thanks for your help, i would think i'm moving into the right direction, however, i'm stuck now: my machine is new and apparently comes with .net framework 4.0, which i don't really want to mess with unless absolutely necessary.

does anybody know if there are problems between windows 7 - .net 4.0 - autocad 2011 (and how to go about)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report