Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 32-bit on Windows 7 64 bit

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
dmartell2
22695 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 32-bit on Windows 7 64 bit

We have an AutoCAD plugin that requires 32-bit AutoCAD 2011 (which we have a licence for) and we have a 64-bit OS. I know it's possible to install the 32-bit AutoCAD on Windows 7 64-bit (without using a VM) but I have 2 questions:

1. Is it legal to do so?

2. Where can I obtain the files to skip AutoCADs checking of my 64-bit platform?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
amanda.k
in reply to: dmartell2

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting to the Community!

When you attempt to install the 32-bit program into your Windows 7 64-bit computer, the AutoCAD installation process will detect your 64-bit OS and will let you know that you cannot run that version of the program on your operating system.  To answer your question, it used to be possible to modify the setup files to bypass the OS check, but that is not supported by Autodesk.

As you mentioned the virtual machine route, many versions of Windows 7 do have a free download available from Microsoft called Windows XP Mode, which is a virtual machine with a full installation of 32-bit Windows XP. Into that virtual OS, you can install 32-bit versions of our programs.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

With this, you should know that the virtualized video adapter doesn't directly use the hardware acceleration of your system's physical graphics card, so that could affect performance. Also, as with any real 32-bit OS, you'll be limited to a maximum of 4GB RAM usage (total) for the OS, and up to 2GB for each running application (provided that your parent 64-bit OS has that much RAM to allocate to the virtual machine).

To receive the 32-bit AutoCAD 2011 installation files, you may either access your downloads through the Subscription Center if you are using your Previous Version rights, or you can download from the link below. Please note that the link below will expire at the end of the month.

AutoCAD 2011 32 Bit

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 3 of 13
elmasry1961

want autocad 2011 64bit

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 13
jessica.t
in reply to: elmasry1961

Hi @elmasry1961 and welcome to the Autodesk Community,

Here is your AutoCAD 2011 64-bit download. This link will expire 30 days after this post was created.

*For all other users: If you need a previous version download and it is not available in the Virtual Agent, please contact customer service directly or create a new post.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 13
kbrzychcy
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

We have been changing our PCs in the company to 64-bit ones, and our Autocad 2011  does not want to install on them.

Any chance of getting a 64-bit download?

Kind Regards

Kris

Message 6 of 13
DaveT4287
in reply to: kbrzychcy

Same here.  New 64 bit computers but we don't want to upgrade to 2015.

Message 7 of 13
lynn_zhang
in reply to: DaveT4287

Hi @DaveT4287

To download previous versions, please visit our Virtual Agent (click on Download Links, choose product and version). If the previous version you're looking for is not available on Virtual Agent, please contact our Customer Care for assistance.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 8 of 13
CollinsCraft
in reply to: lynn_zhang

can I get a 64bit version of inventor 2011?
Message 9 of 13
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: CollinsCraft

Hi @CollinsCraft,

As mentioned by my colleague in her reply above, you can check out our Virtual Agent to see if the version you need is there. However, for 2011, you may need to contact our Customer Care for assistance with the download links instead.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 10 of 13
franklin.h

Could you post again the link for Autocad Mechanical 2011 on windows 7 64 bit

Thanks

Message 11 of 13
abarachris123

want autocad 2011 for 32-bit version
Message 12 of 13
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: abarachris123

Hi @abarachris123,

As mentioned by my colleague in the reply above, you can check out our Virtual Agent to see if the version you need is there. However, for 2011, you may need to contact our Customer Care for assistance with the download links instead.

Thanks, 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 13 of 13
stevenrogan

hello there

i have recentcly had to have a new hard drive fitted to my computor, this has caused me to loose my autocad 2011 LT software and the computor shop says that they cannot transfer the software across to my new hard drive

can you please forward me the software so as i can down load the 64 bit version onto my laptop

also due to my laptop crashing i never had a chance to park my licence on the sky drive (or what ever its called) can you advise 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report