Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD_2010_English_SLD_Win_64bit.exe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jedimaster
2826 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD_2010_English_SLD_Win_64bit.exe

I dwonloaded AutoCAD_2010_English_SLD_Win_64bit.exe from the AutoDesk subscription site. Created the install drsitibuted the install on several machine. Only to find out it has the worng ROAMABLEROOTFOLDER. It was set to "C:\PROGRAM FILES\AUTOCAD 2010". It did not generate the appdata folders. I have made a new install from the DVD it works fine. My problem is I have several machines out there that are screwed up.

I chose to go with the install from the sunbscription site because we have 8 offices in 6 cities from coast to coast. Creating a remote install is much faster downloading from AutoDesk than pushing it from site to site.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Jedimaster

Are you trying to create a deployment?

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Jedimaster
in reply to: Jedimaster

I have two deployments for AutoCAD 2010 64Bit. The 1st I made from AutoCAD_2010_English_SLD_Win_64bit.exe downloaded from AutoDesk Subscription site. I created the install image and placed on several machines. I thought everything was fine until I realized that I was setting the ROMABLEROOTPREFIX to C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\.

I made a new install from the DVD that sets the ROMABLEROOT correctly. Now my problem is fixing all those machines with the bad install. I have to uninstall and reinstall on all these machines. That means everyone looses custom settings that have been made up until now. There is nothing in the install menus that has the ROAMABLEROOT. So I do know how this got changed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report